Re: [SFC] Pratchett's The Colour of Magic on TV

  • Amy
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 28, 2009
      aharlib@...
      This was shown for one week in one arthouse movie theater in NYC where I saw
      it as a 2 1/2 hour film (no commercials and no breaks) and I thought it was
      excellent. Better than the 'Hogfather' film which was good but a bit draggy
      in parts. 'Color of Magic' just zipped along with very good SPFX,
      production values and the humor I was expecting. I loved Cohen the
      Barbarian who looked exactly like the illustrations in the books!
      Cheers!
      Amy

      > This was shown on ION TV this past week as a 4-hour movie. It's been
      > years since I read the book, so I don't remember what was changed/cut out,
      > but as a stand-alone it was pretty good. The tongue-in-cheek humour
      > pervaled, and Sean Astin as Twoflower portrayed the unknowing tourist
      > pretty well.
      > Of course this was done for US TV, so they changed the spelling to
      > 'Color'.
      >
      > Mike B

      18:51:00