Pratchett's The Colour of Magic on TV

  • Mike B
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 28, 2009
      This was shown on ION TV this past week as a 4-hour movie. It's been years since I read the book, so I don't remember what was changed/cut out, but as a stand-alone it was pretty good. The tongue-in-cheek humour pervaled, and Sean Astin as Twoflower portrayed the unknowing tourist pretty well.
      Of course this was done for US TV, so they changed the spelling to 'Color'.

      Mike B
    • membi_99
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 28, 2009
        --- In sciencefictionclassics@yahoogroups.com, "Mike B" <mjbphotos@...> wrote:

        > This was shown on ION TV this past week as a 4-hour movie. It's been years since I read the book, so I don't remember what was changed/cut out, but as a stand-alone it was pretty good. The tongue-in-cheek humour pervaled, and Sean Astin as Twoflower portrayed the unknowing tourist pretty well.
        > Of course this was done for US TV, so they changed the spelling to 'Color'.
        >
        > Mike B

        My only beef was that Rincewind was played by an actor who was at least 40 years too old...
      • Amy
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 28, 2009
          aharlib@...
          This was shown for one week in one arthouse movie theater in NYC where I saw
          it as a 2 1/2 hour film (no commercials and no breaks) and I thought it was
          excellent. Better than the 'Hogfather' film which was good but a bit draggy
          in parts. 'Color of Magic' just zipped along with very good SPFX,
          production values and the humor I was expecting. I loved Cohen the
          Barbarian who looked exactly like the illustrations in the books!
          Cheers!
          Amy

          > This was shown on ION TV this past week as a 4-hour movie. It's been
          > years since I read the book, so I don't remember what was changed/cut out,
          > but as a stand-alone it was pretty good. The tongue-in-cheek humour
          > pervaled, and Sean Astin as Twoflower portrayed the unknowing tourist
          > pretty well.
          > Of course this was done for US TV, so they changed the spelling to
          > 'Color'.
          >
          > Mike B

          18:51:00