Re: [SFC] Upsilon Andromeda b

    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 13, 2006
      You should develop the idea yourslef as a future writer or sell it to good
      ol' boys as Robert J. Sawyer or Peter F. Hamilton. Who knows how many bucks
      would they give you for this one! :=?

      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 13, 2006
        In a message dated 10/13/2006 8:07:46 PM Central Standard Time,
        novovacuum@... writes:

        You should develop the idea yourslef as a future writer or sell it to good
        ol' boys as Robert J. Sawyer or Peter F. Hamilton. Who knows how many bucks
        would they give you for this one! :=?

        Thanks, but once it is out on a discussion group it pretty much becomes
        public property. Temperature differentials as an energy source have been around
        for a long long time

        Chris

        (I hereby reject your reality and substitute my own)

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 13, 2006
          Sorry, seems like my career as a literary agent is over ;=)

          On 10/14/06, derhexer@... <derhexer@...> wrote:

          > In a message dated 10/13/2006 8:07:46 PM Central Standard Time,
          > novovacuum@... <novovacuum%40gmail.com> writes:
          >
          > You should develop the idea yourslef as a future writer or sell it to good
          > ol' boys as Robert J. Sawyer or Peter F. Hamilton. Who knows how many
          > bucks
          > would they give you for this one! :=?
          >
          > Thanks, but once it is out on a discussion group it pretty much becomes
          > public property. Temperature differentials as an energy source have been
          > around
          > for a long long time
          >
          > Chris
          >
          > (I hereby reject your reality and substitute my own)

        • wolffwizard
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 19, 2006
            > > constellation Andromeda.
            > > "If you were moving across the planet from the night side to the
            day side,

            > > the temperature jump would be equivalent to leaping into a
            volcano," said
            > > study leader Brad Hansen

            ...........*

            Does anyone remember the Hellion planet of Chronicles of Riddick?

            , Then again, has anyone read the news of Antennea Galaxies that
            smashed into each other. A horrific insurance problem for the
            Transmundal Home Insurance Company, believe you me.! ! !

            I read it on MSN hotmail bullitine.

            The Antennea galaxies are 68 million light years from earth if you
            are thinking of zipping over to loot them during the post
            disaster confusion. Apparently the "when galaxies collide"
            happened... began happening 500 million years ago.
            I think this is something of a concept I have read of in some
            sci.fi
            book some where but I can't seem to place it.

            Wolfwiz.*
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 19, 2006
              Boy, we need some giant trans-galactic shielding tocover our costumer
              galaxies. Any body proposes a viable energy source that is not a ZPM?
              (Ancient technology is sooo defective)

              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 19, 2006
                In a message dated 10/19/2006 2:23:09 AM Central Standard Time,
                no_reply@yahoogroups.com writes:

                Apparently the "when galaxies collide"
                happened... began happening 500 million years ago.
                I think this is something of a concept I have read of in some
                sci.fi
                book some where but I can't seem to place it.

                'Doc" Smith used collision of galaxies in his Lensmen series to explain the
                development of intelligent races, and Alastair Reynolds used the imminent
                collision of our galaxy w/Andromeda (3+ billion years from - get your home
                owners' insurance updated) as a plot device in his Chasm City.... series.

              • wolffwizard
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 22, 2006
                  YES, Alastair Reynolds must be the one I read. Thanks.

                  Wolfwizard..:*