Hello again.

  • spider38ss
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2006
      Hi to old friends and new members.

      Spider the prodigal son has returned: divorced, in a new
      relationship, in a new house, in business for himself, and still in
      freaking grad school!

      Despite these life changes, I've been keeping up on my speculative
      fiction reading. Currently I'm three-quarters through Robert Charles
      Wilson's "Darwinia" and I've just started Vonnegut's, "Player Piano",
      both first-time reads. I'll post my thoughts on these two novels when
      I'm done with them, but I can say that I'm enjoying both books. Last
      night I watched "Ultraviolet" (a loan from a friend" and was
      altogether unimpressed with it; too much CGA for this old-timer.
      Jovovich was of course stunning, but I felt like I was watching a
      computer-game/erotic clothing video rather than a film. I fell
      asleep and my SO started reading her book. These comments should in
      no way be interpreted as a slam on the illustrated adult fiction that
      this film was based on.

      So there you have it, Spider's back to hang out.
      Best,
      Steve
    • membi_99
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 3, 2006
        --- In sciencefictionclassics@yahoogroups.com, spider38ss
        <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > Hi to old friends and new members.
        >
        > Hi to old friends and new members.
        >
        > Spider the prodigal son has returned: divorced, in a new
        > relationship, in a new house, in business for himself, and still in
        > freaking grad school!
        >
        > Despite these life changes, I've been keeping up on my speculative
        > fiction reading. Currently I'm three-quarters through Robert Charles
        > Wilson's "Darwinia" and I've just started Vonnegut's, "Player Piano",
        > both first-time reads. I'll post my thoughts on these two novels when
        > I'm done with them, but I can say that I'm enjoying both books. Last
        > night I watched "Ultraviolet" (a loan from a friend" and was
        > altogether unimpressed with it; too much CGA for this old-timer.
        > Jovovich was of course stunning, but I felt like I was watching a
        > computer-game/erotic clothing video rather than a film. I fell
        > asleep and my SO started reading her book. These comments should in
        > no way be interpreted as a slam on the illustrated adult fiction that
        > this film was based on.
        >
        > So there you have it, Spider's back to hang out.
        > Best,
        > Steve

        Welcome back......It's great to have you back..We have missed
        you..Have a virtual hug and some of these
        XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

        Membi_99
      • spider38ss
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 3, 2006
          -
          > Welcome back......It's great to have you back..We have missed
          > you..Have a virtual hug and some of these
          > XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
          >
          > Membi_99

          Thanks for the warm welcome Membi, it is really great to be back.
          Kisses back.
          Spider