New to the group and to cyberpunk (OK, and to sci-fi too)

  • classiclit231
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 22, 2006
      I'm reading "Quicksilver" by Neal Stephenson. It contains a unique
      setting (the 1600s) and recreates the atmosphere of science nicely.

      I never heard of Stephenson (nor Gibson or Kim Robinson) until I read
      their names in an artcle about Gordon Dahlquist, author of "The Glass
      Books of the Dream Eaters" which I started previously.

      On my TBR list, I've got "The King of the Vagabonds" as well as
      Robinson's "The Years of Rice and Salt." I'm amazed at this fiction. I
      was never an avid reader of sci-fi. I read Bradbury and Heinlein.
      However, I'm a fan now! Tom