The Top 10 Classic SF Lines As Written by Shakespeare

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29 6:11 PM
      This showed up on another board (Mensafan) and I thought we'd all get a
      chuckle.

      <http://www.littlefivers.com/scifi/classic-sf-lines-as-written-by-shakespeare/

      The Top 10 Classic SF
      Lines As Written by Shakespeare

      10> When thou art nine hundred years aged,
      thou wilt not look as dashing.

      9> Would not an Atreides by any other name still be Muad Dib?

      8> Therefore shalt a robot not harmeth a human being;
      this being the first and most felicitous law.

      7> Hie thee hither, anon, most alluringly doth the
      Dark Side beckon!

      6> In the farthest aether, beyond the stars, no one
      canst hear thee scream.

      5> Father, do not thou spurnest thy truest daughter,
      Maureen, nor sendeth her hence unfulfilled.

      4> Prithee, faithful HAL, fling wide the portals of the
      conveyance! Alack, good Sir Dave; I fear I cannot!

      3> 'Space' the frontier that remaineth. Listen thee to
      the epic of the Starship Enterprise. Her blessed five
      year endeavor: to explore odd new Earths. To seeketh
      out new life and unknown societies. To bravely venture
      where no man hath ventured anon.

      2> These be NOT the metal vassals ye seek!

      and the Number 1 Classic SF Line As Written by Shakespeare?

      1> Look upon yon fellow, with shirt of blazing red!
      I testify in truth, Jim, the poor wretch be quite dead!