Re: [SFC] Digest Number 1093

  • nihal parkar
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2005
      Hi all,

      I think Greg has a great definition there for hard sf when he gives
      the analogy of hardcore punk music. Being a guitarist who loves
      classic metal, I often use the term "hard metal" to denote "classic
      heavy metal" as opposed to "nu-metal"

      I agree that by using the narrow definition for hard-sf, we lose out
      on many good works. In light of this, "All My Sins Remmebered" by Joe
      Haldeman would be a great hard SF work.

      Aleus is very lucky to get the entire Instrumentality series! Here in
      India, it is difficult to get these. People here just know Clarke and
      Asimov (no disrespect to them meant)

      Just the names of Cordwainer's stories make a good read by themselves!
      "Scanners Live in Vain", "The Ballad of Lost C'mell", "Think Blue,
      Count Two" and so on...

      Bye

      --
      I miss the rains of Mumbai.