Re: Some trash on Lem

  • corwin_revisited
    Message 1 of 4105 , Nov 30, 2000
      I've never read any Lem, but I've always heard
      his name. Usually with praise. The guy is supposed to
      be an author. Must he also be diplomatic? I guess if
      he submits opinions for publication, he should be.
      So his big fault is not knowing when to keep his
      mouth shut. If you can get past that, you might still
      like his writing.<br><br>(And slamming Americans seems
      to be pretty common everywhere outside the US. We
      (US citizens) have to take it all with a grain of
      salt. We're eveyone's favorite target.)
      Message 4105 of 4105 , Jun 13, 2003
        --- In sciencefictionclassics@yahoogroups.com, pfabien wrote:
        > This is a alternate history novel in which
        > everything that we know has been turned upside down. The
        > 1917 communist revolution happened in the U.S. In this
        > world Al Capone is president and dictator.

        Al Capone was the ultimate in so called free marketeering...