11077Re: [SFC] newly discovered tidbit about sex from Clarke

    Dec 8, 2006
      --- In sciencefictionclassics@yahoogroups.com, hectopede
      > I can't agree that Arhtur C. Clarke is soft SF. How define hard SF? I
      > thought that the distance from real science makes SF hard: the closer
      > the harder. Of all the writers Arthur C. Clarke's predictions in
      > science and technology are the closest to reality. How can one be
      > more hard in SF?

      Plus, he has been in long contact with the world of science fact in
      some way or other.

      I believe he devised the idea of geostationary and communication
      satellites, surely one of the most revolutionary concepts of our time,
      and partly why we can regularly watch programmes from other continents.
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic