Intro

  • destan28
    Message 1 of 3 , May 8, 2003
      Hi I am Desmond from Malaysia. Currently I am working in NY. I am
      very, very new to paper cutting. But I have a lot of interests. Any
      helps and guides to get me started in paper cutting would be very
      much appreciated.

      Thanks,
      Desmond
    • susannah53
      Message 2 of 3 , May 9, 2003
        --- In scherenschnitte@yahoogroups.com, "destan28" <destan28@y...>
        wrote:
        > Hi I am Desmond from Malaysia. Currently I am working in NY. I am
        > very, very new to paper cutting. But I have a lot of interests.
        Any
        > helps and guides to get me started in paper cutting would be very
        > much appreciated.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Desmond

        Chris Rich's The Book of Papercutting got me started. It has several
        projects, but also has a "tutorial" to get you started on making your
        own original papercuttings as well. This book happened to be in our
        public library which is why I read it first, but there are lots of
        other books as well, which you can probably get through Interlibrary
        Loan if they're aren't in your public library. I generally don't buy
        any books on a particular craft until I'm REALLY sure I'm REALLY
        serious about it.

        Susannah
      • brimmysan
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 8, 2007
          Jeanette

          Thank you for the welcome. I do my "paper"cuts in
          brass, usually about 12 gauge or thicker. My glasswork
          is usually in miniature (no ornaments for me) because
          my torch doesn't give off enough heat for anything
          larger than about two inches long. I've got a few
          ideas I am playing with though.

          Debbie

          Thank you for the welcome as well. I'm looking to
          embed my designs directly into the glass when it is
          molten. Etched glass is fun, but just not enough
          challenge for me as an artist. It's not art unless you
          get to burn something... **grin**

          Looking for earth-friendly autos?
          http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/