Re: Want to broaden my scope

  • moonstone_mermaid
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 8 5:02 PM
      Hi Alexis,

      Welcome to the club! I'm always glad to hear from other crafters!
      In answer to your question I've collected patterns from a number
      of sources over the years. I've found them occasionally in craft
      magazines and books....I've used scrollsaw patterns...adapted
      other simplistic designs...and created my own patterns. I did a
      simple search under Google.com and came up with the
      following sites with a couple of free patterns:

      Panda Pattern:
      http://www.craftcreations.com/Projects2/projects2.html

      Some very nice patterns:
      http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Valley/8063/scher_example
      s.htm

      Bird in Tree Pattern:
      http://www.craftcreations.com/Projects1/projects1.html

      Hope that helps get you started on something more than
      snowflakes!

      Amy
    • The Carringtons
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 9 6:13 AM
        Hi Amy,

        Thanks for the reply. Can you recommend any books... form the beginner and intermediate?

        Alexis

      • xenia_arrick
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 18 2:32 AM
          > Can you recommend any books... form the beginner and intermediate?
          >
          > Alexis

          Hello Alexis (and welcome to all the new members; sorry I've been
          away for so long)! If you browse the "bookmarks" in the menu to your
          left, you will find many links for patterns, beginners' info and book
          titles. Hope this helps! :)

          Thanks and take care,
          Xenia