Newbie and Supplies

  • Jennifer C
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 25, 2012
       Hello Everyone,

      I am really interested in learning more about papercutting and have been searching the internet, but I am still not sure what type of paper you need for your projects.
      Do I get origami paper, silhoutte paper or strathmore bristol 300 series??? I am so confused.  I heard the best paper is the one that is black on one side and white on the other, but where do you get this?

      I heard x-acto knife #11 blade is the best???  any suggestions?

      I love the work of http://rob-ryan.blogspot.com/%c2%a0and would like to learn how to do cutting like that.  Anyone can recommend any good books or tips to help me get started?

      Thank you again and hope to hear from you soon.

      Jennifer

      In a Hiatus?! Don't have enough time in a day to take care of emails, appointments or any administrative tasks? Well, I am here to help you, hire your very own Virtual Assistant today!  I am dependable and knowledgeable and provide excellent customer service!!!

    • Jane Unger
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 25, 2012
        If you use an xacto, you can cut almost anything.  If you use tiny scissors as I do, thinner paper works best.  Use whatever paper strikes your fancy.  Paper that is the same color on both sides is easier in the beginning because you don't have to worry about the other color showing on the front.
        Jane

        http://www.hootowlhollow.com/
        http://www.hootowlhollow.blogspot.com/

        >________________________________

      • jamclauchlin
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 26, 2012
          Jennifer,

          A very good place to find all your beginning papercutting needs is at www.papercuttingbyalison.com. She carries many types and colors of paper, cutting supplies, books, and designs to get you started. I hope this helps.

          April

          --- In scherenschnitte@yahoogroups.com, Jane Unger <janielou13@...> wrote:

          > If you use an xacto, you can cut almost anything.  If you use tiny scissors as I do, thinner paper works best.  Use whatever paper strikes your fancy.  Paper that is the same color on both sides is easier in the beginning because you don't have to worry about the other color showing on the front.
          > Jane
          >
          > http://www.hootowlhollow.com/
          > http://www.hootowlhollow.blogspot.com/
          >

          > >________________________________

        • brighton_baker
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 12, 2012
            Hello

            I live in the UK and am struggling to find good papercutting paper/tyvek in this country - can anyone help??

            Thanks!

            Emily

          • juliadpalmer@hotmail.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 12, 2012
              Hi Emily,
              I went to amazon.com in your country, and typed in the paper I use, Canson
              Mi-Teintes and they do sell it, you may
              Be able to find it over there in other places also,

              It's 65% fiber, and is textured, making it not only a beautiful paper, but
              it is more durable.
              Good luck hope this works for you!
              Julie P