Newbie questions

  • trailgirl68
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 24, 2012
      Hi Everyone,

      I am new to this site and very interested in paper cutting. I do have some questions.

      From the few resources I could find, it seems as though there are vaying techniques. Some people draw directly on the back (white side) of the paper and then start cutting. But it seems as though one needs to be able to draw the image in reverse. Is this correct?

      Then others attach an image to the paper and start cutting. If this is the preferred method, how is the image attached to the paper you with to cut?

      In general, I would really appreciate any advise on techniques, books, resources, websites, etc. I would love a really good you tube video.

      This is a beautiful art form and I am excited to get started.

      Thanks so much.
      Steph
    • Cindy Forauer
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 24, 2012
        You can check out Cindy ferguson on Facebook. She also has a web site. Her work is incredible and she has links to tutorials.
        I have purchased books from a site called Allison's paper cuttings. There are books with patterns ready to cut. Especially good to start or for practice.
        I also look up images on line and print them on the white side of black paper. You can order that on the site too
        Good luck.
        Cindy