Re: New Member Here!

  • April McLauchlin
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2010
      Hi and welcome Carol,

      I'm not new to this group, but I havn't been up here in ages. Personally when it comes to flating fold creases, depending on the paper, I used a warm iron, no steam of course. You might want to test the iron out with some of the left over paper. I also cover the paper with a thin cloth or another piece of the same paper. If you make the iron too hot it can cause more wrinkles. You can also flatten the paper design in a book like you mentioned, but you need to add extra weight. I also cover it both sides with clean paper so that any ink from the text will not transfer to my design.

      April

      --- In scherenschnitte@yahoogroups.com, "cewhitaker57" <cewhitaker57@...> wrote:

      > Hello Everyone! I'm new to this group and actually just finished my first cutting! It is a very small one, but I am proud nonetheless :) For all you experts out there, I have a question. When you finish your cutting (mine is a half fold) how do you get the wrinkles out? I have it in a book at the moment.....
      > Another question. I just saw on this site a link to some photos from a person named hiraaoyama (something like that). The cuttings are truly amazing! How the heck do they do that? With a knife, I expect?
      >
      > Carol in California

    • chrissyakers
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2011
        Hi all,

        I've moved to the Ramstein, Germany area 4 months ago and have loved paper cutting for years. I have been a fan of scherenschnitting for several years, although I've never tried anything more than creating Valentine's cards for families and snowflakes, which I love, love, love to make.

        I hope to begin cutting more frequently once I go through and organize my crafts supplies. My 16 & 12 yr old daughters also enjoy crafts. Hopefully I can get them interesting in this great hobby.

        Thanks for all your great photos. Can anyone recommend some books I can purchase that offers patterns that I can follow. I did buy one in Landstuhl last week that I'd like to begin working from soon, but I don't remember the name of it right now. I'll post it when I locate that book soon.

        Chrissy
      • Christine
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1, 2011
          Welcome Chrissy!