Great blue heron ATC

  • Christine
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 4, 2009
      Hi guys,

      Here is a new ATC from me. I couldn't find the right colour cardstock
      in my stash, so I simply coloured 24 lb white paper with markers in
      big blocks. It is a trade that I'm sending out today, so I don't want
      to post it anywhere else on the web until it's delivered. So shhhh!
      :-)

      http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v392/calzephyr/?action=view¤t=Greatblueherongoodweb.jpg

      Best,
      Christine

      --

      Christine Bennett ::: Purple Pony Art
      http://www.purple-pony.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 5, 2009
        love the heron! i really must try so a piece with layers of paper. very effective.
        carol
      • Christine
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 5, 2009
          Thanks Carol! I want to try it again. Now the perfect colour is always
          at my fingertips! I used Prismacolor art markers, although I'm sure
          any sort of wide tipped marker would do the trick. Prismacolor tend to
          really saturate paper and bleed through though.

          Best,
          Christine

          --

          Christine Bennett ::: Purple Pony Art
          http://www.purple-pony.com
          http://purpleponyart.artfire.com
          http://calzephyr.etsy.com
        • Susan
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 6, 2009
            I love your Heron! GReat job!

            Susan

            --- In scherenschnitte@yahoogroups.com, Christine <calzephyr@...> wrote:

            > Thanks Carol! I want to try it again. Now the perfect colour is always
            > at my fingertips! I used Prismacolor art markers, although I'm sure
            > any sort of wide tipped marker would do the trick. Prismacolor tend to
            > really saturate paper and bleed through though.
            >
            > Best,
            > Christine
            >
            > 2009/4/5 carol <carolchir@...>:
            > > love the heron! i really must try so a piece with layers of paper. very
            > > effective.
            > > carol
            >

            > --
            >
            > Christine Bennett ::: Purple Pony Art
            > http://www.purple-pony.com
            > http://purpleponyart.artfire.com
            > http://calzephyr.etsy.com

          • Christine
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 6, 2009
              Thanks so much Susan. I'm thinking of other birds to try as well -
              maybe some parrots are in order :-) This techinique would make some
              lovely wings.