Re: [Scherenschnitte] Re: Exciting paper illustrations

  • Christine
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2009
      Hi Bernie and group,

      First and foremost, happy new year too!

      Bernie, I'm so glad you mentioned the video of Jen Stark. I don't
      check this blog every day, just when something that catches my eye
      appears on its Twitter feed. Her work is so amazing. I have always
      been drawn to colour, and her pieces hit the jackpot for me. I wonder
      how she glues them together and protects them.

      I feel the creative juices flowing too. I have a huge paper stash and
      I should really do something with it. Maybe I could make a sculpture
      like Jenn. I once talked to a paper twilling artist, and she makes her
      strips by feeding them through a shredder, so I could give that a
      shot. Wow...so much to do, so little time! I could totally see making
      some bird and horse pictures with Yulia's technique.

      Best,
      Christine