GAP website

  • Debbie
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 1, 2007
      Dear Sunnie,
      I don't know how long you have been reading the posts but I would urge
      you to go to this website as well, www.papercutters.org It is the
      official site for the Guild of American Papercutters. You can peruse
      a little bit about the Guild. The website is under construction and
      information is still being added to it. You do not have to be a
      member of the Guild to register for the discussion boards. YOu could
      also go to the links of individual members and see the cuttings that
      they do at their websites. That will broaden your horizons also.
      Good luck with your papercutting. Debbie B.
    • Sunnie
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 1, 2007
        Thanks, Debbie B.!!!! I will do that! Only been reading the posts
        here for about three days! I'm anxious to find out all I can and start
        cutting!!! Happy Saturday! Sunnie : )
      • Debbie
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 23, 2007
          Dear papercutters,
          Andrew, the webmaster for the GAP website had made some changes to the
          format and appearance. It is looking more attractive and it easier to
          navigate (in my humble opinion). I hope you will take some Holiday
          down time to visit and read the previous posts, even make a comment or
          two. Please remember that Andrew is a volunteer and gets no
          reimbursement of any kind for his time donated to the development and
          maintenance of the website. He has obviously instituted a lot of the
          suggestions made to him earlier this fall. There is a lot of
          information embedded in the discussion boards and available to anyone
          who accesses them, member or not. Happy Holidays, Debbie B.
        • Debbie
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 2, 2008
            Dear Cindy and other beginners,
            Yes, the Beginner's Corner is where you will find my columns. Other
            papercutters will be responding as well but not on as regular basis.
            You are also welcome to read the previous posts as they may answer
            many questions for you. Take the time to read the threads of a topic
            and you can make better sense of it. I hope you will submit either
            questions, comments, or suggestions to help us meet your needs. I
            look forward to getting to know all of you better over time, and
            possibly meeting some of you in person. Take care and keep on
            scnhipping! Debbie B.
          • Debbie
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 19 6:26 AM
              Dear papercutters,
              I just wanted to let you know that the GAP website is back online and
              in the same format that it had previously (recently). YOu are welcome
              to join us. Just go through the registration process and you will be
              sent an automated message to activate your registration. Then you can
              access the discussion boards. I hope you will jump right in and
              participate on the boards. There is an archive there from a former
              Yahoo listserv and there is a lot of "free" information embedded in
              those messages. So save a rainy afternoon or a chilly evening and
              visit it then. Take care, Debbie Baird
            • Barbara & George Grenier
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 19 9:58 AM
                I am new to this list and don't have a clue to GAP. The only one I know of
                is full of jeans and tee-shirts

                Barbara

                At 06:26 AM 4/19/08, you wrote:

                >Dear papercutters,
                >I just wanted to let you know that the GAP website is back online and
                >in the same format that it had previously (recently). YOu are welcome
                >to join us. Just go through the registration process and you will be
                >sent an automated message to activate your registration. Then you can
                >access the discussion boards. I hope you will jump right in and
                >participate on the boards. There is an archive there from a former
                >Yahoo listserv and there is a lot of "free" information embedded in
                >those messages. So save a rainy afternoon or a chilly evening and
                >visit it then. Take care, Debbie Baird
              • Marie-Helene Grabman
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 19 4:49 PM
                  GAP is the Guild of American Papercutters:
                  www.papercutters.org

                  Marie-Helene Grabman
                  --- Barbara & George Grenier <grenier@...>
                  wrote:

                  > I am new to this list and don't have a clue to GAP.
                  > The only one I know of
                  > is full of jeans and tee-shirts
                  >
                  > Barbara
                  >
                  > At 06:26 AM 4/19/08, you wrote:
                  >
                  > >Dear papercutters,
                  > >I just wanted to let you know that the GAP website
                  > is back online and
                  > >in the same format that it had previously
                  > (recently). YOu are welcome
                  > >to join us. Just go through the registration
                  > process and you will be
                  > >sent an automated message to activate your
                  > registration. Then you can
                  > >access the discussion boards. I hope you will jump
                  > right in and
                  > >participate on the boards. There is an archive
                  > there from a former
                  > >Yahoo listserv and there is a lot of "free"
                  > information embedded in
                  > >those messages. So save a rainy afternoon or a
                  > chilly evening and
                  > >visit it then. Take care, Debbie Baird

                  Be a better friend, newshound, and