Re: Papercutting in Norway & on Animal Planet - Xenia

  • swandog_studio
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 18, 2007
      > I don't know about your libraries there, but over here you can
      > display your work for a month and then offer free classes for that
      > specific craft. You never know, maybe by doing something like this
      > will spark something in people in your area and they might not only
      > come for the class but also bring something that either they or
      > someone in their family might have cut.

      Hmm, yeah, that's a thought...thanks, Jeanette! :)

      > PS - I just spent 2 hours watching Animal Planet and there is no
      > sign of the paper cut shorts. I'll try again during the week and
      > then over the weekend. It may be something that they do when there
      > are more kids than adults watching.

      Well, I managed to record two, if not three of the papercuttings! :D
      Will crop those clips out of the recordings and post the videos for
      y'all. :)

      > Do I get a prize for getting Xenia involved in Scherenschnitte??

      Why, yes you do! :D *gives you a papercut cookie* :)

      > There wasn't anyone in North Texas doing paper cutting when I
      > started... although it's hard to tell for sure since the internet
      > did not exist then. BTW, Xenia your designs far outshine anything I
      >imagined cutting back then!! Simply gorgeous.

      Aww thanks, but your own cuttings are gorgeous, Amy! I wish you would
      post some of them! :)

      > Also, has anyone seen the Starbucks coffee packaging? I saw some in
      > CA with a beautiful silhouette style. I'd also love to see the
      > animal planet stuff.

      I haven't, but would like to...if you can find them on the Net or take
      pics of them to post, please do! :)

      Take care,
      Xenia
    • Jeanette Holmes
      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 27, 2008
        Hi Everyone,

        Since my job and home life have been keeping me on the run lately I
        have decided that instead of asking everyone to say "Hi" to our new
        members each week I am going to have to cut it back to once a month.
        So, on the 1st of each month I will be giving everyone a list of all
        the new members for the previous month this way if someone is a bit shy
        and hasn't posted we can let them know that we are a friendly group
        here and that there is help here for their cutting if needed.

        Happy cutting everyone,
        Jeanette
      • Debbie
        Message 3 of 18 , Jan 24, 2009
          Dear "newbies",
          I would like to take a second to welcome all of you to this listserv.
          It is fun to share the art/craft of papercutting. I have been doing it
          seriously since 2001 when I joined the Guild of American Papercutters.
          There are some very skilled cutters in the Guild and I hope you will
          consider joining us. You are under no obligation to do so, this is
          just an informal invitation. I am curious about one thing. Ten of you
          have joined since Jane 2, 2009. How did you stumble upon this listserv
          in the first place? Is there something we can do to make it more
          visible? Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Debbie B.