Re: [Scherenschnitte] RE: Computerized cutter

  • Genevieve Bronk
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2006
      What does TTF stand for?
      Genie

      pasons1 <papercreation@...> wrote:

    • Jeanie
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2006
        true type font

        Jeanie

        -----Original Message-----
        From: scherenschnitte@yahoogroups.com
        [mailto:scherenschnitte@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Genevieve Bronk
        Sent: Thursday, June 01, 2006 10:46 AM
        To: scherenschnitte@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: Re: [Scherenschnitte] RE: Computerized cutter

        What does TTF stand for?
        Genie

        pasons1 <papercreation@...> wrote:

        Paper
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Paper+craft&w1=Paper+craft&w2=Papel+pic
        ado&w3=Paper+cutting&w4=Kirigami&c=4&s=68&.sig=Tiz9omPJUE2iFEmkPmKQ9g>
        craft

        Papel
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Papel+picado&w1=Paper+craft&w2=Papel+pi
        cado&w3=Paper+cutting&w4=Kirigami&c=4&s=68&.sig=v6u8QFHkNNZzBa0UBOO--w>
        picado

        Paper
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Paper+cutting&w1=Paper+craft&w2=Papel+p
        icado&w3=Paper+cutting&w4=Kirigami&c=4&s=68&.sig=fKBcJDXiCaHS1qp91pqWjA>
        cutting

        Kirigami
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Kirigami&w1=Paper+craft&w2=Papel+picado
        &w3=Paper+cutting&w4=Kirigami&c=4&s=68&.sig=cSSPDLXCyswlzuxbtajEJA>

        _____

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        * Visit your group "scherenschnitte
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scherenschnitte> " on the web.

        _____

      • Jeanette
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1, 2006
          See, I knew we had a rep for cutting machines!

          Now a few questions for you Ann,

          What is gsd

          What is TTF

          What are merged words

          What are shadows

          What is a bridge

          What is Illistrator

          Can you explain the "pen" thing a little better

          What is wpc file format

          What is auto vectorize B&W clipart

          What is a GSD file

          What is an overlay

          What is chip board

          I know that some of these questions might seem dumb to some of us. But there are others, like myself who are not as computer savy as the rest of you and if we are going to be spending a nice amount of money on a machine we really should know what it is that we are getting into.

          Also are there any computer sites or do you know of any retail stores that we can see a demostration of the machines so that we can tell if the machine in question is the right machine for our needs?

          Now I need to go and rest my brain from cutting machine information overload!

          Happy Cutting,
          Jeanette

          pasons1 <papercreation@...> wrote:
          I am not Jeanie but I can answer your questions about the cutting system. I have tried only a few scherenschnitte cutting patterns to date with the machine. What I have tried looked great and took so little time but it just took the uniqueness out of the art, if you know what I mean. You could
          not tell that it was done by a machine.

          Here is the scoop on the cutters currently on the market.
          There is the Cricut-
          Design Runner-
          Personal Cutter System-
          The below cutters will create & cut our patterns if turned into the
          format the machine can read. Available for free download is
          software that will work with these next 2 cutters allowing you to
          create without purchasing any expensive software and be more
          creative. THe CR & WB designs can be read & shared with both
          machines. The file format is gsd.
          Craft Robo-
          This machines requires a computer. Can cut any TTF, create merged
          words, create shadows/mats, Create using clipart jpg/bitmap files
          tracing an image/file maually. Has an optical eye to allow the Print
          & Cut feature. Cut area is 7.5 x 39". does not require a bridge
          for Illustrator. This also has a pen holder. Use a pen to create a
          decorative border or your journaling then cut out. Retails $399.99
          Wishblade-
          This machine requires a computer. It also has design disk
          available. You can use any TTF to create. (All the other
          capabilities the CR has, excluding Illustrator, this machine can
          also do.) This is the same machine as the CR but with the
          capability to read Wishblade design disk cards & if using
          Illustrator you need to purchase the bridge.($99). This also has
          the pen capability.
          Blades Retail $40, Cutting mats $16.99-$22.00, Bridge to use with
          Illustrator is $99. Design Disk prices vary.
          Mini Pazzles-
          Requires computer. Cut any TTF. This uses wpc format. Can create
          merged words, shadows, mats & auto vectorize B&W clipart
          automaticly. Retails $645
          Craft Robo Pro-
          Requires computer. Does all that the CR does and more. The
          software has more capabilities. Can read the GSD files created by
          the CR & Wishblade machines. This has 300 pounds of pressure and 15"
          width. Retails $995
          Pazzles Mighty-
          This machine can cut the 12x12 paper & create overlays. (you can
          create the same design as an overlay with the smaller machines by
          cutting the overlay item out and placing on top of the page.) This
          is a scaled down version of the Pro model. This will cut the heavier
          paper due to more pressure than the other cutters. It does not have
          enough pressure to cut chip board or wood. Retails $1495
          AC40-
          This is the same machine as the Pazzles Pro without there Pazzles
          sticker on it.
          Pazzles Pro-
          This requires computer. Can cut chip board, wood, and 12x12 paper.
          wpc file format. Engraves & emboss capabilities with additional
          accessories. Retail $3045 for basic cutter
          Accessories for the Pazzles Mighty, Pro and AC40
          Needle Punch tool - $50
          Embossing Tool - $50
          Pen Tool - $50
          Engraving Tool - $50
          Tool Kit - $25
          Rear Tray option - $45
          Blade - $35 or less
          Front Tray with Tool Rack- $55
          Replacement blade Holder - $150
          Vinyl Tray - $10

          I have distributorship for all the machines. If there is enough
          interest from the group I will see how many I have to order for free
          shipping to me. If the group can meet the amount I will sell the
          machines for $20 over my cost of the machine. I do know the
          Wishblades are out of stock till at least July and the Mini Pazzle
          is out of stock till mid June.
          Ann

          My stitches might not be perfect...but the LOVE they are made of is
          A friend is someone you can be yourself with!