Kirigami

  • stamphi@hawaii.rr.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28 12:27 AM
      Aloha!

      I just joined this group hoping to find info on Kirigami. I have
      this wonderful Kirigami Fold & Cut-A-Day Calender that I found out
      about from one of the rubber stamping groups I belong to. I've been
      having so much fun with it and today (I was behind a few days.) I
      did a "Spider Fold" and just used my decorative edgers (scissors) to
      cut straight lines (paralel) and I got 6 fancy frames from one 6
      inch square piece of paper.

      Anyone else here has this calender? Anyone know of a site that has
      this spider fold instructions?

      While doing my searching, I saw what looked like a lot of sites that
      are still selling this calendar. (I thought they would be really
      cheap since the year has already started, but it doesn't look like
      it.) Anyway, I think this calendar is really great and I would
      highly recommend it to anyone that likes to cut paper. I've been
      amazed at how easy it is to get some really fancy designs.

      I haven't done any of my own creations yet, but I have seen the
      possibilities from what I have done so far. I'd like to try and cut
      some Hawaiian quilt patterns one of these days.

      Sorry this is so long winded. Just excited to have found this
      group. I've found some really interesting sites from here.

      Mahalo!
      Mae (Stamphi)