3950Re: [Scherenschnitte] Fwd: Wondering what everyone's favorite type of paper is

  • Kelly Hurlburt
    Nov 13, 2013
      Hi Edna,

      I have the kite paper.  I'm a bit afraid of it due to thinness. I like the sound of your scissors. I'll definitely Look at your cuttings.  Thanks for the pointers, great ideas.

      Kelly

      On Nov 12, 2013, at 4:40 PM, "Edna & Marvin Isaac" <emisaac@...> wrote:

      I noticed the mention of using tissue or kite paper.  I have used tissue paper for years.  My cut outs are used for package decorations, cards, favors, etc.  I layer up to 10 layers between the pattern and a piece of 30 lb. weight paper to stabilize the back, then use a re-engineered very small scissor (formerly called Preemie) with the blades ground very thin and so sharp it's like a sewing needle at the very end.  If you are interested in seeing some of my work, go to my album Edna of Elegant Intrigues, the types are labeled for the most part.

      To store I place them between the pages of the appropriate sized book, I have hundreds to use whenever I need them.  When using them in cards and as package decorations, I place the cut out and then cover it with a piece of shaped clear package wrap used for covering Easter baskets, etc.  To cover the edges of this clear 'paper', I cut a piece of paper about 1/2" wide to form a border around the outside of the shaped clear paper.

      The layering of the paper gives stability while cutting and gives the option of having 10 different colors of one pattern at a time.  Hope this information is helpful for those that would like to use their cuttings in multiples.

      Edna

      On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 2:53 PM, Kelly Hurlburt <birmancatsarebeautiful@...> wrote:
      Hi everyone,

      > When I was at the Philly craft show this weekend I spoke to Jupi Das about her paper preferences and it made me wonder what others preferred.  I've been working kirigami lately and bought what was called kite paper which, when I received it, seemed basically the paper we bunch into gift bags so basically tissue paper. It was easy to fold, crease and cut but the flimsiness of the finished product was not super great. Could be my inexperience, not sure.
      >
      > Kelly

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to: