3935Re: [Scherenschnitte] Philadelphia Craft Show

  • Kelly Hurlburt
    Nov 11, 2013
      Hi,

      Oh that's a shame. Well I guess the best I can describe it is like a deep frame where, between the back of the frame and the plexiglass the cutting itself was mounted on, there is something between those that spaces those apart. Then there is matting on top of plexiglass cutting-mounting then the top glass. That made the cutting separated from back of frame, hard to tell, quarter or half inch away and so light on the piece would show a shadow of the cutting on the frame back "wall.". Extremely cool looking.  Hope that makes sense.

      Kelly Hurlburt

      On Nov 11, 2013, at 9:31 PM, <linuxgal@...> wrote:

      Hi Kelly,

      My car had some problems so I didn't make it unfortunately....Now what is this about
      spacers?  I don't understand that bit.

      Thanks Suki
      . Loved the one artist's layering of cuttings using spacers in the frame which created shadows on the piece on the back.

      ---In scherenschnitte@yahoogroups.com, <birmancatsarebeautiful@...> wrote:

      Hi,

      Went to the show today. Such fantastic work, totally enjoyed. Loved the one artist's layering of cuttings using spacers in the frame which created shadows on the piece on the back.  Thanks do much for the heads up about the show. :-)

      Kelly

      On Oct 10, 2013, at 9:18 PM, S <linuxgal@...> wrote:

      Hi Folks

      The Philly Craft show is going to have this fellow Klaidas Nivickas from Lithuania and other papercutters on display.

      http://pmacraftshow.org/artist/guest-artists/2013/klaidas-navickas

      Anyone here going?

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic