The Chronicle - Saturday 05/11/2005

  • Danny Bird
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 5, 2005

      thechronicle

      Saturday 05/11/2005

      TUTANKHAMUN MONTH

      On November 2, Danny Bird launched ‘Tutankhamun Month’ on his group, Horizon of the Aten (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/horizonaten). Obviously this means that all of November will be dedicated to the discussion of Tutankhamun in celebration of the 83rd anniversary of his discovery. Since its inception, Horizon of the Aten has enjoyed an active and encouraging response from its members who have been posting regularly. The plan is that the month will be broken up into a week-by-week discussion, the first week dealing with Tut’s lifetime and historical background. Furthermore, besides the message board becoming befuddled with long-winded essays and the like, the group’s utilities are also welcome to the celebration: Photos, Links, Files and Polls etc. Hopefully it should turn out to be an enlightening and constructive event!

      ACTIVITY AND DEADLOCK

      The Temple of Jupiter (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/templejupiter) has also been basking in the delights of activity this week. Discussions ranging from Caesarean to the culinary expertise of ancient Parthia graced members’ appetites and The Black Eagle (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/theblackeagle) has been examining Prussia’s attachment to the American Civil War. Sadly, however, the Network’s two most recent additions, Whisper of the Blade and The Sceptred Isles have been experiencing the excruciating sluggishness of inactivity. Nevertheless, they have done exceptionally well in their first few months, able to boast success as the Network’s fastest growing entities. Though, I’m still waiting on a long-promised discussion on Absolutism for Whisper of the Blade from Jordan (hint, hint!).

      If you have any questions, queries or complaints please feel free to contact us at the e-mail addresses below.

      For a full list of the groups in the Avis-Pirum Network simply click on the Links section of any group.

      Kind regards,

      The Consulate

      Jordan Perry: jmperry2005uk@...

      Danny Bird: imperial_avis@...

    • michael mccarthy
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 6, 2005
        For reaons I do not understand,  I am getting two and three copies of your postings to the three groups  and of some, but not all, of the others.