Confirmed! Bones of King Richard III Found

  • S Kevin Wojtaszek
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 4, 2013
    • stephenmlark
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 4, 2013
        Oh yes!

        --- In sceptredisle@yahoogroups.com, S Kevin Wojtaszek wrote:

        > Confirmed! Bones of King Richard III Found
        >
        > http://news.yahoo.com/confirmed-bones-king-richard-iii-found-105733739.html

      • thomas bert
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 4, 2013
          What a great day! Hopefully Richard will finally get the justice he deserves.
          Long live King Richard!

          To: sceptredisle@yahoogroups.com
          From: stephenmlark@...
          Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 15:25:56 +0000
          Subject: [sceptredisle] Re: Confirmed! Bones of King Richard III Found

          Oh yes!

          --- In sceptredisle@yahoogroups.com, S Kevin Wojtaszek wrote:

          > Confirmed! Bones of King Richard III Found
          >
          > http://news.yahoo.com/confirmed-bones-king-richard-iii-found-105733739.html

        • Bill Ramsay
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 5, 2013
            I'm impressed at the find, and confirmation of same! That DNA stuff definitely works some miracles of analysis compared to even a mere couple of decades ago.

            Also, another strange thing! LOL I've actually been persuaded to adopt a "wait and see" attitude on Richard III !!! In all my decades of intellectual awareness (over a half century of same) my attitude toward this individual has been "a real piece of work" (NOTTTTT a compliment!!!). Now, I'll see what people say, and what is generally accepted about this individual. I still like "Malmsey", though! LOL

            I also still highly esteem Henry VII Tudor. He was a fiscal conservative, which was one thing badly needed in his day, 1485.

            Bill

            To: sceptredisle@yahoogroups.com
            From: stephenmlark@...
            Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 15:25:56 +0000

            Oh yes!

            --- In sceptredisle@yahoogroups.com, S Kevin Wojtaszek wrote:

            > Confirmed! Bones of King Richard III Found
            >
            > http://news.yahoo.com/confirmed-bones-king-richard-iii-found-105733739.html

          • Caroline Jett-Donovan
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 27, 2013

              Interesting now to do a DNA test against the two unidentified boy’s skeletons found in the Tower.  Maybe it will clear up that mystery once and for all.

            • Bill Ramsay
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 27, 2013
                Given the advances in scientific knowledge, that is a very good and present hope. Perhaps the remains of young folks who probably died far too you, were far too innocent for their fate,  perhaps these remains can receive the respectful treatment they've so long deserved, but didn't get.

                Bill

                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 27, 2013
                  The authorities (the Abbey is a Royal peculiar) seem not to be too keen on re-opening the urn.
                  Personally, I think the remains of the former Edward V are about fifty miles north of the Tower (Gipping Chapel) as he may well have died before being sent abroad.