Re: What was really happening .............

  • Stephen Lark
    Message 1 of 53 , May 3, 2008
      --- In sceptredisle@yahoogroups.com, "Anne Gilbert" <avgilbert@...>
      wrote:

      > Stephen:
      >
      > I don't know much about Don Carlos, or Philip of Spain, for that
      matter. But what I seem to recall is that, whether or not you would
      call him a "psychopath", Don Carlos was pretty --- um --- not like
      you and me. I think Philip had problems with him for a long time, if
      my fuzzy recollections of whatever I read are correct. I don't know
      what Mary Tudor thought of him, if anything.
      > Anne G
      >

      > Have you read Paul Johnson's biography of Elizabeth? Johnson is a
      > Catholic but the book contains some very trenchant criticism of
      Mary.
      > Don Carlos was, of course, her stepson and Johnson calls him a
      > psychopath because he enjoyed burning animals - people are one
      > thing .........
      >

      > .

      > My mailbox is spam-free with ChoiceMail, the leader in personal and
      corporate anti-spam solutions. Download your free copy of ChoiceMail
      from www.digiportal.com

      > ---
      > Virus Database (VPS): 080425-1, 04/25/2008
      > Tested on: 4/26/2008 12:06:12 PM

      Maria, welcome aboard. Your first question: What is your view of Don
      Carlos?
    • Stephen Lark
      Message 53 of 53 , May 16, 2008
        OK, as previously suggested:
        Edward VI's will,
        The rebellions in Mary's reign,
        Anglo-Scottish relations during the Tudor period,
        Elizabeth I's reign and the succession to her.

        wrote:

        > Stephen:
        >
        > Is there any other subject you're interested in discussing? I'm
        sure that, if you raise something, there will be "takers".
        > Anne G
        happening .............