Other Boleyn Girl movie

  • Kevin O'Malley
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 1 7:31 AM
      Saw it last night and liked it, depite the so-so reviews. Basically, it's worth the ticket price (I'm not sure about the $25. admission in certain London theaters as one person had mentioned, but here in NY, USA I paid the standard $10.) alone for the costumes, sets atmosphere etc. on the big screen and speakers. The digital view of the tower of London from the air was cool, as was that panarama of London from a distance.

      Also, the performances were really good. I thought the sisters accents were convincing, and the parts of Lady Elizabeth (the mother) and the Duke of Norfolk were very gripping. The only character I thought sort of light was the king himself.

      I saw some parts & lines that were repeated from past movies & TV programs of the story, some seemed to be emotionally played up a bit much, and I know as will all the list members of many history goofs, intentionally or otherwise. I also felt that, from the little I've read of the novel, I liked the movie better because, even though it is played out as a lusty movie to begin with, the impression was that what they were doing - trying to incite their daughters into an adulturous relationship, was wrong, where as the book seemed to have dwelled into the sensurous aspects of the whole Tudor court affair games a bit too much.

      Kevin

      "I can only say that I am a poor sinner, trusting in Christ alone for salvation"
      -General Robert E. Lee, 1864

    • Kevin O'Malley