SCBWI Writer's Critique -- September 21 @ Sandy's house!!

  • m6chew
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29, 2006
      Dear all:

      Here comes our Writer's Critique!

      Time: September 21, 2006 Thursday evening 7-9pm (please be prompt!)
      Location: Sandy's apartment in Tien-mu
      Cost (contribution toward healthy snacks): NT$50 members, NT$60 non-
      members

      Please bring up to 1500 words of an in-progress manuscript (written
      in English for children of any age). Remember double-space, 12pt
      font, one inch margins --- pretend you are submitting this to a
      publisher. Also remember for PBs -- shorter (900 words or under) is
      more marketable! Longer word count is to give middle-grade or young
      adult writers the chance to read a section of their first chapter.
      Please bring eight copies so that everyone can look at it and
      comment on it while you read it aloud.

      Space is limited because we will meet at Sandy's apartment in Tien-
      mu! Please reply to scbwi_taiwan@... and let me know your
      manuscript title, genre (i.e. picture book, first chapter from middle
      grade novel) and length.

      I will write back to confirm your participation and give you Sandy's
      Tien-mu address.

      Please reply no later than September 15. I will send out
      confirmation and location information September 18th.

      Remember to check out www.scbwi.org for lots of relevant information
      about writing for children. Be sure to take a look
      at 'Publications' - there is a lot of valuable information there
      for both SCBWI members and non-members.

      Hi! 一年兩度的作家研討會即將來臨囉!

      時間: 9月21日 週四 7-9PM(請準時!)
      地點: Sandy 家(位於天母)
      費用: SCBWI會員: NT$50 / 非會員: NT$60

      請帶你的英文童書創作文稿(約1500字),規格為2倍行高. 字型大小12,並印出
      8份以提供大家討論。至於圖畫書的字數則以900字以下為佳。--請假設自己要
      投稿!

      由於場地關係,我們有人數限制的考量。請於9/15之前回覆是否參加,姓名.電
      話以及投稿文類及字數等相關資料至:scbwi_taiwan@... 也歡迎上