Rescheduling writing critique because of typhoon

  • Kathleen Ahrens
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30, 2005
      SCBWI Writer's Critique
      RESCHEDULED TO:
      September 8, 2005
      Thursday evening
      7-9pm (please be prompt!)
      Location: Sandy's apartment in Tien-mu
      Cost (contribution toward healthy snacks): NT$50 members, NT$60 non-
      members

      NOTE: If any additional writers want to join now that the date has
      been changed, please let me know ASAP. If you've already contacted
      me, I'm assuming you can still come (if you can't, then let me know).

      Thanks!
      -Kathleen

      Please bring up to 1500 words of an in-progress manuscript (written
      in English for children of any age). Remember double-space, 12pt
      font, one inch margins --- pretend you are submitting this to a
      publisher. Also remember for PBs -- shorter (900 words or under) is
      more marketable! Longer word count is to give middle-grade or young
      adult writers the chance to read a section of their first chapter.
      Please bring eight copies so that everyone can look at it and
      comment on it while you read it aloud.

      Space is limited because we will meet at Sandy's apartment in Tien-
      mu! Please reply to scbwi_taiwan@... and let me know your
      manuscript title, genre (i.e. picture book, first chapter from middle
      grade novel) and length.

      I will write back to confirm your participation and give you Sandy's
      Tien-mu address.

      Remember to check out www.scbwi.org for lots of relevant information
      about writing for children. Be sure to take a look
      at 'Publications' -
      - there is a lot of valuable information there for both SCBWI
      members and non-members.

      See you there!
      Kathleen

      SCBWI-Taiwan Regional Advisor