SCBWI May Event

  • Kathleen Ahrens
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2005
      Hi! It's time to sign up for our spectacular May event!!

      Topic: Writing Poetry for Children

      Speaker: Award-winning author Marianne Dyson

      Date: May 12, 2005, 7-9pm

      Fee: $200 Members, $250 Non-members

      Location: Eslite Children's Bookstore (Tun-Nan Store, B1)

      Phone reservations: 2775-5977 ext. 768

      Brief description: Avoid bad rhymes and use rhythm, meter, and word
      choice to stimulate imagination, images, and emotion. Help improve
      your picture book and chapter book writing!

      Award-winning author Marianne Dyson has published dozens of poems,
      served as poetry editor for a small-press magazine, edited a poetry
      anthology, and judged numerous contests.

      Everyone should bring a short, one-page poem for critique! Modify
      your picture book or easy reader into a poem and see how it flows!

      Questions? E-mail Kathleen: kathleenahrens@...