Spring Event Schedule

  • Kathleen Ahrens
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2005
      Registration for our 2-day writing workshop (4/23-24) starts on 3/20
      at Eslite!
      More details will be sent soon.

      Meanwhile we have TWO additional author events on April 14th and May
      12th.
      Check below for details and mark your calendars!!
      -Kathleen

      **Major Event: Jen McVeity's Boot Camp for Writers**

      Date: April 23-24th

      Fee: See registration form for details (between NT 2000 & 3000)

      Contact: scbwi_taiwan@...

      Brief description: Come to the Tun-Nan Eslite for two days of
      intensive hands-on discussion on how to write and market your book!
      Event: Using Real Life to Write Fiction

      Speaker: Canadian Author Pam Withers

      Date: April 14, 2005, 7-9pm

      Fee: $200 Members, $250 Non-members

      Contact: scbwi_taiwan@...

      Brief description: Pam Withers, bestselling Canadian author of six
      teen adventure novels and an award-winning speaker, will talk about
      how to generate realistic dialogue, mindset, plot and action in young-
      adult novels. With humor and personal anecdotes, as well as
      perspective gained from twenty years as an editor, she offers key
      insights and inspiration for both aspiring and established writers.
      Event: Writing Poetry for Children

      Speaker: Award-winning author Marianne Dyson

      Date: May 12, 2005, 7-9pm

      Fee: $200 Members, $250 Non-members

      Contact: scbwi_taiwan@...

      Brief description: Avoid bad rhymes and use rhythm, meter, and word
      choice to stimulate imagination, images, and emotion. Award-winning
      author Marianne Dyson has published dozens of poems, served as poetry
      editor for a small-press magazine, edited a poetry anthology, and
      judged numerous contests. Critiques of poems from the audience can be
      included if time allows.