Re: Question about Thank You notes

  • Pat Miller
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 3, 2011
      My mother was a Southern gal who raised us the same way--don't even open the gift if you aren't prepared to write a thank you! She also instilled in us that we never return a plate empty when someone brings food over.

      But this is a different situation. Editors are awash with correspondence--both online and snail mail. While I'd think they'd like to know that a rejected author was still grateful that they tried to do their job, I think it would get lost in the slush. If you feel better, simply say "Thanks for your time!" out loud as you dispose of, frame, or otherwise deal with the rejection letter. Try not to sound sarcastic or bitter. J

      --
      Pat Miller
      Author Visits, Storytelling, Professional Workshops

    • marydwade@aol.com