North Pole News

  • Maria
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 29, 2011
      This might not go along the guidelines for SCBWI-but for me, it does has something to do with my writing. I developed a group on Facebook, Are You Elfin today? I wanted to make a difference this season. I think the premise of the holiday is lost, so I'm trying to promote giving. Within a few weeks I was able to add 112 attendees to the North Pole list. I am asking my SCBWI friends to help and add yourself. Below is a description on what I'm planning to do.
      *******

      Elfin' is a term used when you put your heart into helping others during the holiday season. Mrs. Claus hopes that this carries over not only during the holiday but all year through.

      Come read the prompt each morning. You can choose to do the prompt or something similar. Then enter your good deed for the day on this Facebook Page, Are You Elfin' Today? Please share this with your friends and ask them to join.

      Mrs. Claus hopes to get 500 good deeds in 25 days!
      Who knows maybe you can earn a care package from the North Pole! Starting November 30th-December 24th.
    • Samantha Clark
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 30, 2011
        Hey Maria,

        Yes, this isn't exactly writing related, but it is a wonderful idea, especially for kids. Could you send a link to your page?