Re: picture book workshop

  • Vicki Sansum
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31, 2011
      Hi all,
      Just a reminder that registration is open for our October 1 picture book
      workshop. The registration form, reading list, etc. are on our website
      www.scbwi-houston.org
      Tomorrow night at our monthly meeting, Pat Miller will be there to take
      your registration form if you'd like to bring it to the meeting instead
      of mailing it.
      Thanks!
      Vicki
    • PamLV@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 31, 2011
        Vicki,
        Is there a class size limit on this workshop?

        Pam V.

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 29, 2015

          Hi everyone,

          I have been told by some friends that they missed my post about the pb workshop and so I am reposting. My apologies to those who saw it the first time.

          I am leading/teaching a critique based picture book workshop at Write space in Houston on Oct 17th from 1 to 5 pm.

          It will be a small group (10) and for intermediate level writers. If you have a picture book manuscript that you want to send to an agent or an editor this would be a great workshop for you. If you don’t have a ready manuscript but have ideas it will be helpful too. I will be sharing/teaching the couple things I know about this deceptively simple genre.

          I am also excited to share that my picture book with Nancy Paulsen Books (Penguin Group) now has a release date of September 2016. The amazing Eliza Wheeler has completed the breathtaking illustrations. Hooray!!

          My first picture book, “How Many Kisses Do You want Tonight?” illustrated by Ivan Bates, (Little Brown, 2004) continues to chug along and be in print a decade after its release.

          I have included the link, if anyone is interested.

          http://www.instantseats.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.event&eventid=9C380D01-9C15-7B99-E8788BC9649AB3E7

          Thanks,

          Varsha

          www.varshabajaj.com

          Abby Spencer goes to Bollywood (Whitman, 2014)

          This is our Baby, Born Today (Sept 2016, Nancy Paulsen Books, Penguin Group, 2016)

          How Many Kisses Do You Want Tonight (Little Brown, 2004)

        • elizabethwhite1049
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 29, 2015
            This is going to be an awesome workshop! Writers can send in a manuscript to be critiqued, or can just come observe and learn. Hope you can join us Saturday the 17th!