Computer crash

  • Vonna Carter
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 16, 2011
      Does anybody else have this problem?

      Every time I try to open a .pdf from the national SCBWI site, my internet (Firefox) crashes. If I access these files through another source (like a regional chapter's website), I have no problem opening them, it's only if I click directly from the national site. What's up with that?

      www.vonnacarter.com
    • CRYSTAL ALLEN
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 16, 2011
        Hey Vonna,

        I tried to use Firefox to download a pdf, just to see if the same thing would happen to me.  (I usually use explorer, but I have firefox, too).

        Yep, it froze on me.  Weird.

        Crystal

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 16, 2011
          Thanks, Crystal. For me, this only happens from the SCBWI site. Others are just slow. I'll try opening them with explorer.

          --
          www.vonnacarter.com
        • arlene.graziano@sbcglobal.net
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 17, 2011
            Hello Vonna,
            I also use Firefox and cannot open certain files on the National SCBWI site. My Mozilla does not crash, but the files never download. I don't have slow PDF's on other sites using Mozilla Firefox (my school PTO sends weekly pdfs no trouble.

            I thought there was just something messed up about my member login, but had not pursued it further. If you have not inquired yet, I will send a note after I replicate the problem again myself.

            (I had tried to look at some of the illustrator articles after logging in with my member id and updating my portfolio on the national site)
            Arlene G.

            --- In scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com, Vonna Carter <cartervk@...> wrote:

            > Thanks, Crystal. For me, this only happens from the SCBWI site. Others are
            > just slow. I'll try opening them with explorer.
            >
            > On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 7:11 PM, CRYSTAL ALLEN <rcpjallen@...> wrote:
            >

            > > Hey Vonna,
            > >
            > > I tried to use Firefox to download a pdf, just to see if the same thing
            > > would happen to me. (I usually use explorer, but I have firefox, too).
            > >
            > > Yep, it froze on me. Weird.
            > >
            > > Crystal
            > >
            > > On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 4:40 PM, Vonna Carter <cartervk@...> wrote:
            > >

            > >> Does anybody else have this problem?
            > >>
            > >> Every time I try to open a .pdf from the national SCBWI site, my internet
            > >> (Firefox) crashes. If I access these files through another source (like a
            > >> regional chapter's website), I have no problem opening them, it's only if I
            > >> click directly from the national site. What's up with that?
            > >>
            > >> Vonna
            > >>
            > >> --
            > >> www.vonnacarter.com
            > >>

            > --
            > www.vonnacarter.com

          • diandramae
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 17, 2011
              I think something is up with the main SCBWI website. I've tried opening it up in Firefox, Explorer and Chrome this morning and I've received the same error message. No bueno.

              Diandra Mae
              Illustrator Coordinator
            • Vonna Carter