Re: Picture Book Workshop

  • Vicki Sansum
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 12, 2011
      Hi all,
      Registration for the October 1 picture book workshop opens on July 25.
      The details and registration form is now up on our website,
      www.scbwi-houston.org under Events, October 1. We don't have the list of
      books that Liz Garton Scanlon will want us to read before the workshop,
      but as soon as we know that info, we'll post it on the listserv.
      PLEASE do not send in your registration forms before July 25. Go ahead
      and print out the form, fill it out, put a stamp on the envelope, but
      DON'T MAIL it yet. :-)

      We are working on the details for the website building workshop on July
      16. We will post details very soon.

      Thanks!
      Vicki
      vsansum@...
    • Vonna Carter
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 1, 2013
        I just saw the San Antonio SCBWI newsletter and they have announced that registration is open for the October picture book workshop for writers and illustrator with Richard Jesse Watson.

        Here's the link to register: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/6929060005

        Vonna
      • Vonna Carter
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 31, 2014
          If any of you are planning to submit picture books to agents or editors at our spring conference, you might want to attend Kathy Duval's workshop this weekend, Make it Shine: Polish Your Picture book Manuscript to Its Full Potential. I think she still has room!

          VonnaCarter.com: Children's & YA Agents/Editors at Conferences, Workshops/Retreats/Online Workshops
          twitter

          facebook

        • Marion Young
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 31
          • 1 Attachment
          • 10 KB

           Howdy,

          Laurie Lazzaro Knowlton is considering putting together a picture book workshop in Houston. Would you be interested in attending?

          There are two choices: on a Thursday cost would be: $90 or on a Saturday for $110.

          Which month would you like: June, July, or August?

          Please respond if you are interested.

          Location: Cottage Charm in Old Town Katy

          Time: l0:00-4:30 with lunch and snacks provided.

          Information about the workshop:
          Author/Illustrator LAURIE LAZZARO KNOWLTON will be presenting a six hour workshop on: the structures of picture books, the mechanics of writing and illustrating a picture book, how to create a manuscript dummy, self-editing and the submission process.

          This day will be about your work! Laurie will guide you in preparing a winning manuscript through lectures, writing exercises and group work.

          For an additional fee you can receive a written critique from Laurie Knowlton.

          By the end of the workshop you will have a dummy mockup and a clear idea of where you need to improve your manuscript as well as insight on how to make a professional submission that is editor ready.

          Author · Illustrator · International Speaker · Writing Instructor Manuscript Critique Service · Craft Designer                                                                       http://www.laurieknowlton.com

          Laurie Lazzaro Knowlton’s first published work was a note passed to a boy in third grade. You would have thought this most embarrassing moment would have ended her writing career. But instead, Laurie has gone on to write forty one books and is the author/illustrator of two more.

          Laurie has been published in the trade, educational, craft, and Christian markets. WHY COWBOYS SLEEP WITH THEIR BOOTS ON is her best-selling picture book. It won the Premier Print Award given by Eastman Kodak and has sold over 45,000 copies since publication.

          Laurie wrote and illustrated GOD BE IN MY HEART in 1999, and RED, WHITE, AND BLUE in 2002. The Huebner Museum of Children’s Picture Book Art, housed in the Toledo Public Library, honored Laurie by purchasing and exhibiting a piece of art from RED, WHITE, AND BLUE. Martha Stewart’s Radio Station highlighted RED WHITE AND BLUE, and The Children’s Book Council invited Laurie to write about America’s freedoms as related to the book for their premier online magazine.

          Laurie Knowlton is an international speaker, addressing students, educators, and writers throughout the United States and Mexico. You can reach her at lauriepknowlton@...

          Thank you for your time. If you want more information, feel free to email me.
          Marion Young
        • fleurbrown@...
          Message 5 of 8 , Mar 31
            Hi Marion!

            I'd be interested in attending.

            At this stage any month or either day works for me!

            Keep me posted.

            Thanks,
            Fleur Wiig

            --

            .                                               .

            Fleur Wiig ~ Owner / Director

            www.ResumeTemplates-USA.com

          • Carmela Simmons
            Message 6 of 8 , Mar 31
              I would be interested too. During the summer I can do either weekdays or weekends.

              Sent from my iPad

              On Mar 31, 2015, at 5:30 PM, fleurbrown@... [scbwi-houston] <scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

[...]

               <clip_image002.png> Laurie Lazzaro Knowlton

            • florenciamj@...
              Message 7 of 8 , Mar 31
                March 31, 2015

                Dear Marion,

                June would be a better choice for the month I could attend, and either
                a Thursday or Saturday would be fine.

                Sincerely,

                Florence M. Jones/AKA as Florencia

[...]

                ready.  Laurie Lazzaro Knowlton
[...]