Re: [scbwi-houston] Book party

  • Deborah Frontiera
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2011
      Sounds like fun, but I will be out of town.
      Debbie

      On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 7:55 PM, Brian Williams <willbc_777@...> wrote:

      Hey group!

      A friend of mine from VCFA is having a book party at Artist Penny Cerling's house on Sunday, June 12th from 2:00 p.m. - 7 p.m.
      at 419 Williard, Houston TX 77006.

      Everybody is invited and shouldn't feel shy that it's at a house--think of it as a house concert except for an author. Here is the book info:

      This Thing Called the Future, by J.L. Powers. An alternative fantasy and coming-of-age story set in post-apartheid South Africa.

      "This novel takes a loving, clear-eyed look at the clash of old and new through the experience of one appealing teenager… A compassionate and moving window on a harsh world."—Kirkus Reviews

      "… a compelling, often harrowing portrait of a struggling country, where old beliefs and rituals still have power, but can’t erase the problems of the present. Readers will be fully invested in Khosi’s efforts to secure a better future. "—Publishers Weekly

      Here is the event information for those of you who have facebook:

      Brian