Crystal Kite

  • Jenny
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 2, 2011
      My fantasy SHADOW is listed.

      Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone
    • ReadGarland@aol.com
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 4, 2011
        Apparently I was not the only author having problems registering his/her book for the Crystal Kite. According to the SCBWI website, the Crystal Kite voting has been suspended for two weeks to accommodate everyone who couldn't get their books to register.  Voting will resume on Feb. 16, 2011.  If you already voted, you need to come back at that time and vote again.

        My 2010 picture book, VOICES OF GETTYSBURG, would not register on the list no matter how many times I tried, so I contacted the coordinator, Chris Cheng.  Chris apparently worked on the program because I just now registered and it seems to have worked this time, though I won't know for sure until Feb. 16 when the titles are listed again.

        Sherry Garland

        In a message dated 2/4/2011 5:00:24 P.M. Central Standard Time, jennymoss@... writes:

        My fantasy SHADOW is listed.

        Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

      • Doris Fisher
        Message 3 of 15 , May 3 7:00 AM
          Many, many thanks for all your support and congratulations! Yippee! I'm so excited.

          It seems unbelievable that I have been honored with the Crystal Kite award.There are so many talented writers in our region.

          Thank you so much for being a fan of Army Camels! I hope you enjoyed this true Wild West Texas tale! Yeehaw, Camels HO!

          Doris

          ++++++++++++
          Children's Author
          Army Camels, Jackson Sundown

        • Christina Mandelski
          Message 4 of 15 , May 3 7:06 AM

            When you think about how huge our region is - isn't it so impressive that Houston authors have one two years in a row!

            Yay, Doris!
            Yay, Houston SCBWI!!

            And considering the work coming out of Houston this year -- I don't see why we can't make it a three-peat!

            xo,
            Chris

            THE SWEETEST THING a young adult novel about love, loss and cake.
            Egmont USA
            www.christinamandelski.com

            Message 5 of 15 , May 3 7:17 AM
              And even more amazing, two years in a row from our critique group! Oh, yeah!!