2011 Conference: The Art of Bookcraft

  • Vonna Carter
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 14, 2011

      The 2011 Houston SCBWI Conference, The Art of Bookcraft, is rapidly approaching. In order be certain our authors’ books will be available for sale at the conference, we are working with Blue Willow Bookshop to get this undertaking organized. We have two separate forms (included below) that authors wishing to participate in the conference bookstore must send to Blue Willow Bookshop no later than March 1, 2011. These are 1) The Art of Bookcraft Author Form, and 2) The Independent Author Consignment Agreement.

      Though the deadline to submit the forms is March 1, the earlier you send Blue Willow Bookshop your information, the smoother this process will be. If you have any questions, please either contact me at cartervk@... or Alice Meloy at staff@...

      Thanks, Vonna Carter

      THE ART OF BOOKCRAFT AUTHOR (April 9) FORM

      Name: _______________________________________________________________

      Contact Information:

      Phone Number:______________________________

      Fax Number: ________________________________

      Address: _____________________________________

      _____________________________________

      ______________________________________

      E-Mail

      Titles (In Print) that you would like us to have on hand at the conference bookstore:

      (Please provide 13 Digit ISBN when possible):

      ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

      ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

      If you have out of print or self published titles, please bring the filled out consignment form with you on Saturday morning with the books. You should have the retail price attached to each copy of the book. Books need to be picked up by 6:00 p.m. on Saturday.

      We want to make this conference a successful venture for all of the attending published authors. Please let us know if we can answer any questions.

       *******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

      Blue Willow Bookshop

      14532 Memorial Drive   Houston, Texas    77079                                            phone: 281-497-8675

      www.bluewillowbookshop.com                                                                                    fax: 281-497-0180

      Independent Author Policy and Agreement

       Technology has made independent publishing easier, often without professional editing, proofreading, and market evaluation. Because our space is limited, we cannot sell every published title, whether it be from a major publisher or from a self-published author. Just as we do when determining which books to buy from a publisher’s catalog, we consider several factors when deciding to carry titles from independent authors. These include the subject matter, production quality, retail price, and, of greatest importance, whether the book will appeal to our customers.

      Due to the economics of carrying and selling books by independent authors, it is our policy to take such book on consignment. If we decide to carry your book, we will ask you to sign an agreement as follows:

      1)      Consigned books may be left at Blue Willow Bookshop for six months.

      2)      Distribution of sales receipts for consigned books will be 60% to Consignor/Author and 40% to Blue Willow Bookshop.

      3)      Consignor may call us periodically to check on sales activity and may request payment at any time for books sold.

      4)      In the event that all copies are sold, the Consignor will be given the opportunity to sign a new agreement for additional copies of the book.

      5)      At the end of six months, it is the Consignor’s responsibility to pick up any unsold copies of the consigned book. If the author does not pick up the books at the end of the six-month period, the books will become the property of Blue Willow Bookshop and may be donated or disposed of at our discretion.

      Thank you for your interest in Blue Willow Bookshop and best of luck with your book.

      Independent Author Consignment Agreement

      Date: ________________

      Consignor/Author Name: _________________________________________________________

      Consignor/Author Address: _______________________________________________________

      Consignor/Author Phone or Email: _________________________________________________

      I have read the Independent Author Consignment Policy and agree to its terms. I am consigning to

      Blue Willow Bookshop the following title(s) for a period of six months from the date below. Blue Willow

      Bookshop will pay for each book sold an amount equal to 60% of the retail price. At the end

      of six months, should I fail to pick up the books, Blue Willow Bookshop may donate or dispose of

      them.

            Signature:

                                     Signed for Blue Willow Bookshop:

      Date   Qty   Title                                             ISBN                        Price     Sold     Ret     Paid     Ck No.

    • CRYSTAL ALLEN

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 16, 2011
          thanks for this, Vonna!!
          Joy Preble

          --- In scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com, Vonna Carter <cartervk@...> wrote:

> [...]
          > property of Blue Willow Bookshop and may be donated or disposed of at our
          > discretion.
          >

          > Thank you for your interest in Blue Willow Bookshop and best of luck with
          > your book.
          >

          > Independent Author Consignment Agreement
          >

          > Date: ________________
          >

          > Consignor/Author Name:
          >

          > Consignor/Author Address:
          >

          > Consignor/Author Phone or Email:
          >

          > I have read the Independent Author Consignment Policy and agree to its
          > terms. I am consigning to
          >
          > Blue Willow Bookshop the following title(s) for a period of six months from
          > the date below. Blue Willow
          >
          > Bookshop will pay for each book sold an amount equal to 60% of the retail
          > price. At the end
          >
          > of six months, should I fail to pick up the books, Blue Willow Bookshop may

        • Ana Maria Rodriguez
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 20, 2011

            Hello, Vonna:

            Do we mail the form or email it to Blue Willow?

            Ana M

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 20, 2011
              Hi Ana,

              You can email it, just be sure to get a reply. If you haven't heard back from Blue Willow in a few days, you might want to send them another note asking if they received your forms.

              Vonna

              --
              www.vonnacarter.com
            • Vonna Carter