Re: [scbwi-houston] Great meeting, but no contact info

  • Stephanie Green
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 4, 2011
      Ana,
      Lillian is the Community Relations Manager at the 1960 B&N. Her email is crm2847@...
      She is wonderful and when I was a campus librarian and had book fairs at B&N, Lillian would always try to book an author on the same day.

      Stephanie Green

      On Jan 4, 2011, at 10:44 AM, Ana Maria Rodriguez wrote:

      I also  took one of Dana’s cards. She wrote down the name of the PR person who schedules book signings for that store. She is Lillian Reitz. The phone number I have is the same as Dana’s (281-631-0861). Unfortunately, I do not have an email.

      I think it would be a good idea to try to schedule a “local authors” signing, a combination of fiction and nonfiction authors. I have a book coming up in March, THE IRON BUTTERFLY, you probably remember the poster I brought last night. I am interested in promoting my book, so if you are also interested in promoting yours, email me your name, contact info, and book (s) title (s) and I will prepare a list and send it to Lillian with a proposal of readings and/or simple activities and see what she says. What do you think? Any suggestions? Dates that would work for you?

      Let’s begin 2011 with a BANG!

      Ana M

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 5, 2011

        Thank you, Stephanie! That will make contact her easier.

        Ana M

        Don't know about y'all, but Dana's insight into the ins and outs of big box book retailers really made my head spin. Hope springs eternal, though, and I'm excited she's open to promoting local authors, aren't you? I snagged a business card from her at the meeting, but realize this a.m. it only has the 1960 store manager on it and no email. Anyone get Dana's email? Or one for the PR person she talked about? I scribbled "Lilian Reese" is the go-to for author visits but have no clue if that's right. Anybody write faster than me and got a contact email? THANKS! C:

      • JoAn Watson Martin

          Don't know about y'all, but Dana's insight into the ins and outs of big box book retailers really made my head spin. Hope springs eternal, though, and I'm excited she's open to promoting local authors, aren't you? I snagged a business card from her at the meeting, but realize this a.m. it only has the 1960 store manager on it and no email. Anyone get Dana's email? Or one for the PR person she talked about? I scribbled "Lilian Reese" is the go-to for author visits but have no clue if that's right. Anybody write faster than me and got a contact email? THANKS! C:

          JoAn Watson Martin
          2407 Kilgore Rd.
          Baytown TX 77520

        • Ana Maria Rodriguez
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 6, 2011

            Yipeee! Thank you, JoAnn!

            Ana M

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 6, 2011
              Ana,
              I would like to participate in the SCBWI group at B & N

              JoAn  Watson Martin
              2407 Kilgore Rd.
              Baytown TX 77520
              H - 281 427-2713
              C - 281 389 3810
              www.joanwmartin.com (this is my website and has info on these or if I need to send it separately just let me know.)

              I have several teen books but a couple will meet their qualifications:

              Yankee Girl - historical fiction/Civil War

              Inventing Chloe - Contemporary fiction/homeless girl