Re: [scbwi-houston] Illustrators Needed

  • Bonnie
    Message 1 of 3 , May 31, 2004
      Please forgive my email which has since been sent to Rita Mills.

      I read the email line incorrectly and thought it was her address -
      it contained her address -
      and was unable to catch it in time.

      Bonnie
      <blambourn@...>

      "Dancing is not rising to your feet painlessly like a whirl of dust blown
      about by the wind. Dancing is when you rise above both worlds, tearing
      your heart to pieces and giving up your soul." - Rumi

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 22, 2005
        Hello:

        I am an Art Editor for Oxford University Press in New York. We are
        starting up several very large projects in the next month, through
        May
        and I am gearing up for the projects.

        I am contacting you regarding LET'S GO, an
        English-as-a-second-language educational program for kids. It is a
        seven level program consisting of a color student book, grayscale
        workbook, teachers book and skills book, and probably several other
        components. We start next month on the design and then begin to
        commission the first level in April. This project will require art to
        be commissioned through 2007 so we can complete the seven levels. I
        need everything from art that is appropriate for a five year old
        through young teen-appropriate styles. Color and black & white. When
        showing people (we are especially interested in seeing samples with
        kids) please include as many ethnicities as possible. We will be
        commissioning lots of animals and objects,too.

        If you know of any other illustrators who you might share the
        following info with, please do. I need A LOT of people and sometimes
        artists know of other artists who I haven't found yet. Any help will
        be appreciated.

        We are working on adult-level ESL books and those require either very
        realistic illustration, stylized or editorial "realism" (as in the
        people depicted should have the correct proportions but do not need
        be photo realistic). We'll also used humorous or cartoony art to a
        certain extent. These projects also require objects and scenarios
        showing inanimate objects. Samples should show non-fashiony bodies,
        people of various ethnicities and when possible, modest clothing and
        people in various sitations and scenarios.

        Our PREFERENCE is to get as much art submitted digitally on a CD or
        disk, but that is not a requirement.

        Would you please mail printed samples to me at:

        Judi DeSouter, Art Editor
        Oxford University Press AmELT
        198 Madison Avenue
        New York, NY 10016 USA

        Thanks
        Judi DeSouter, Art Editor

        Dotti Enderle

        No Fortune Telling Allowed!
        The Burning Pendulum (FTC 7 Llewellyn Publications)
        http://www.dottienderle.com
        http://www.fortunetellersclub.com