Re: When will that editor get back to me?

  • Jenny
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2010
      Well stated Deborah! Though I can imagine being in the editors chair and having to "slush" through so many ms that were not ready for submittal in the first place. The children's market is so competitive, especially now when there are adult authors moving into the children's genre. I'm not slamming them, because their books do keep publishers in business enabling them to take a chance on debut authors.

      Jenny Bailey
    • ctbkaty@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2010

        I've been preaching multiple submissions for years. The whole idea of exclusive submissions benefits the publisher, not the author. We need to look out for our interests.