FW: [RAWI_SCBWI] Book Sense Book of the Year nominees

  • Kelly Bennett
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2004
      The American Booksellers Association has released its lists of nominees
      for the 2004 Book Sense Book of the Year Awards, nominated by bookstore
      members from titles appearing last year. The winners will be announced
      in June at BookExpo America, to be held in Chicago. Here are the
      shortlists for children’s books.

      Children's Literature
      ARTEMIS FOWL: THE ETERNITY CODE (Book 3), by Eoin Colfer (Miramax)
      ERAGON: THE INHERITANCE, BOOK I, by Christopher Paolini (Knopf)
      INKHEART, by Cornelia Funke (Chicken House/Scholastic)
      THE SECOND SUMMER OF THE SISTERHOOD, by Ann Brashares (Delacorte)
      THE TALE OF DESPEREAUX, by Kate DiCamillo, illustrated by Timothy Basil
      Ering (Candlewick)

      Children's Illustrated
      DIARY OF A WOMBAT, by Jackie French, illustrated by Bruce Whatley
      (Clarion Books)
      DIARY OF A WORM by Doreen Cronin, illustrated by Harry Bliss (Joanna
      Cotler/HarperCollins)
      HOW I BECAME A PIRATE by Melinda Long, illustrated by David Shannon
      (Harcourt)
      OLD TURTLE AND THE BROKEN TRUTH, by Douglas Wood, illustrated by Jon J.
      Muth (Scholastic)
      OLIVIA AND THE MISSING TOY, by Ian Falconer (Atheneum)

      J. L. Bell CentralNERA@...
      Regional Advisor, Central New England (MA)
      Society of Children’s Books Writers & Illustrators

      Yahoo! Groups Links