Re: [scbwi-houston] Writeoncon

  • Lynne Kelly Hoenig
    Message 1 of 20 , Aug 10, 2010
      Oh, I heard there was a panel discussion about publishing myths that was live, and I thought Molly O'Neill's first presentation was live, but there's a transcript for it. Maybe this afternoon is when the more workshoppy stuff starts.

      On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 8:33 AM, Vonna Carter <cartervk@...> wrote:

      Yeah, fortunately there is not a live session until 2:30. Hoping they'll have it fixed before then!

      Vonna

      On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 8:29 AM, Lynne Kelly Hoenig <lynne01@...> wrote:

      I'm not able to get on to the Writeoncon site this morning, and I see a lot of people on Twitter have said they're having the same problem. (Not that I have time to be on the site today, but I wanted to look around for a few minutes at least). The conference people announced they have a web goddess working on the 403 error you may be getting if you're trying to visit the site. Maybe they weren't prepared for that much traffic, I'm not sure.

      There should be some transcripts up later for those of us who've missed out on the workshops this morning. www.writeoncon.com

      Lynne

      --
      www.vonnacarter.com

    • Vonna Carter

        Message 3 of 20 , Aug 10, 2010
          But without a live chat how does it work?

          ~d

          Dotti Enderle
             * * *
          CROSSWIRE (Boyds Mills/Calkins Creek - Fall 2010)

          Message 4 of 20 , Aug 10, 2010
            No, the 2:30 chat was the first. Later there's a live panel discussion.

            ~d

            Dotti Enderle
               * * *
            CROSSWIRE (Boyds Mills/Calkins Creek - Fall 2010)

            Message 5 of 20 , Aug 10, 2010
              OK, that makes sense.

              ~d

              Dotti Enderle
                 * * *
              CROSSWIRE (Boyds Mills/Calkins Creek - Fall 2010)

              Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 8:53 AM

              They said some of it would be posted as vlog or blog posts, so those would be viewable any time.

              http://www.dottiend erle.com

                    Message 9 of 20 , Aug 10, 2010
                      I originally thought I would be at a conference out of town during the on-line writers' conference so I didn't sign up. Does anyone know if they have closed it? And does anyone have the info about how to sign up? Thanks! I appreciate it.

                      Best,

                      Wendy
                    • taramcclendon@yahoo.com
                      Message 10 of 20 , Aug 10, 2010
                        The website is still down, but I believe you can still register once it comes back up. Elanajohnson.blogspot is posting the content and has an email address you can use to contact someone about registration.

                        Sent from my MOTOBLUR™ smartphone on AT&T

                            Message 13 of 20 , Aug 11, 2010
                              Thanks for the info, guys! Much appreciated!

                              Wendy
                            • Lynne Kelly Hoenig
                              Message 14 of 20 , Aug 15, 2010
                                It'll be a long time before I can catch up on all the WriteOnCon posts, but this morning I watched this presentation about avoiding character stereotypes by ABLA agent Mary Kole and thought it was worth passing along:

                                On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 1:41 PM, Wendy Lanier <wendylanier@...> wrote:

                                Thanks for the info, guys! Much appreciated!

                                Wendy

                              • DD
                                Message 15 of 20 , Aug 15, 2010
                                  Thanks, Lynne.

                                  The conference is great, but I know what you mean about a lot to catch up on.

                                  --- In scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com, Lynne Kelly Hoenig <lynne01@...> wrote:

                                  > It'll be a long time before I can catch up on all the WriteOnCon posts, but
                                  > this morning I watched this presentation about avoiding character
                                  > stereotypes by ABLA agent Mary Kole and thought it was worth passing along:
                                  >
                                  > http://writeoncon.com/2010/08/avoiding-character-stereotypes-by-literary-agent-mary-kole/
                                  >

                                  > On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 1:41 PM, Wendy Lanier <wendylanier@...> wrote:
                                  >

                                  > > Thanks for the info, guys! Much appreciated!
                                  > >
                                  > > Wendy

                                • Christina Mandelski
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Aug 19, 2010
                                    Hey all! It's my turn for "A Day in the Writing Life" on the Elevensies website. A riveting entry about clean laundry, macrame owls and poppies. Took me forever to write the darn thing, please feel free to check it out at

                                    Thanks and I hope everyone has a great writing day!

                                    All my best,
                                    Christina

                                    title-less in Houston, Egmont USA, May 2011
                                    www.christinamandelski.com
                                    www.willwrite4cake.blogspot.com