Re: [scbwi-houston] Writeoncon

    Message 1 of 20 , Aug 10, 2010
      Other than the live chat at 2:30, I wasn't sure how the other workshops would work. :-/ But I'll be neck-deep in revisions today, so I'll just wait on the transcripts.

      ~d

      Dotti Enderle
         * * *
      CROSSWIRE (Boyds Mills/Calkins Creek - Fall 2010)

      Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 8:33 AM
      Subject: Re: [scbwi-houston] Writeoncon

      Yeah, fortunately there is not a live session until 2:30. Hoping they'll have it fixed before then!

      Vonna

      On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 8:29 AM, Lynne Kelly Hoenig <lynne01@gmail. com> wrote:

      I'm not able to get on to the Writeoncon site this morning, and I see a lot of people on Twitter have said they're having the same problem. (Not that I have time to be on the site today, but I wanted to look around for a few minutes at least). The conference people announced they have a web goddess working on the 403 error you may be getting if you're trying to visit the site. Maybe they weren't prepared for that much traffic, I'm not sure.

      There should be some transcripts up later for those of us who've missed out on the workshops this morning. www.writeoncon. com

      Lynne

      --
      www.vonnacarter. com

    • Lynne Kelly Hoenig

          Message 4 of 20 , Aug 10, 2010
            But without a live chat how does it work?

            ~d

            Dotti Enderle
               * * *
            CROSSWIRE (Boyds Mills/Calkins Creek - Fall 2010)

            Message 5 of 20 , Aug 10, 2010
              No, the 2:30 chat was the first. Later there's a live panel discussion.

              ~d

              Dotti Enderle
                 * * *
              CROSSWIRE (Boyds Mills/Calkins Creek - Fall 2010)

              Message 6 of 20 , Aug 10, 2010
                OK, that makes sense.

                ~d

                Dotti Enderle
                   * * *
                CROSSWIRE (Boyds Mills/Calkins Creek - Fall 2010)

                Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 8:53 AM

                They said some of it would be posted as vlog or blog posts, so those would be viewable any time.

                http://www.dottiend erle.com

                      Message 10 of 20 , Aug 10, 2010
                        I originally thought I would be at a conference out of town during the on-line writers' conference so I didn't sign up. Does anyone know if they have closed it? And does anyone have the info about how to sign up? Thanks! I appreciate it.

                        Best,

                        Wendy
                      • taramcclendon@yahoo.com
                        Message 11 of 20 , Aug 10, 2010
                          The website is still down, but I believe you can still register once it comes back up. Elanajohnson.blogspot is posting the content and has an email address you can use to contact someone about registration.

                          Sent from my MOTOBLUR™ smartphone on AT&T

                              Message 14 of 20 , Aug 11, 2010
                                Thanks for the info, guys! Much appreciated!

                                Wendy
                              • Lynne Kelly Hoenig
                                Message 15 of 20 , Aug 15, 2010
                                  It'll be a long time before I can catch up on all the WriteOnCon posts, but this morning I watched this presentation about avoiding character stereotypes by ABLA agent Mary Kole and thought it was worth passing along:

                                  On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 1:41 PM, Wendy Lanier <wendylanier@...> wrote:

                                  Thanks for the info, guys! Much appreciated!

                                  Wendy

                                • DD
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Aug 15, 2010
                                    Thanks, Lynne.

                                    The conference is great, but I know what you mean about a lot to catch up on.

                                    --- In scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com, Lynne Kelly Hoenig <lynne01@...> wrote:

                                    > It'll be a long time before I can catch up on all the WriteOnCon posts, but
                                    > this morning I watched this presentation about avoiding character
                                    > stereotypes by ABLA agent Mary Kole and thought it was worth passing along:
                                    >
                                    > http://writeoncon.com/2010/08/avoiding-character-stereotypes-by-literary-agent-mary-kole/
                                    >

                                    > On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 1:41 PM, Wendy Lanier <wendylanier@...> wrote:
                                    >

                                    > > Thanks for the info, guys! Much appreciated!
                                    > >
                                    > > Wendy

                                  • Christina Mandelski
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Aug 19, 2010
                                      Hey all! It's my turn for "A Day in the Writing Life" on the Elevensies website. A riveting entry about clean laundry, macrame owls and poppies. Took me forever to write the darn thing, please feel free to check it out at

                                      Thanks and I hope everyone has a great writing day!

                                      All my best,
                                      Christina

                                      title-less in Houston, Egmont USA, May 2011
                                      www.christinamandelski.com
                                      www.willwrite4cake.blogspot.com