Monday Night Meeting-For Illustrators

  • diandramae
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2010
      For those of you planning on attending the critique group before the meeting tonight, I thought I'd give you a reminder. We will be conducting actual critiques this time around, so please bring a work in progress or completed piece that you would like feedback on.

      Crits start at 6, but if you can't get there till later, that's okay! If for some reason there is a fairly small group, you might consider bringing two pieces for critique, since we'll be more likely to have the time for it.

      Also for those of you who don't know, I'm well into my last trimester this month. I'm doubtful I will attend next month's meeting, and I'm due the day before July's meeting so the rest of the summer is pretty much out. I would really like those of you who will be making a go of this to come tonight just so you can become familiar with each other, as well as begin the process of learning how to conduct a group critique.

      Oh, and be sure you bring pen and paper for the meeting. You'll want to write down critique comments, as well as some social media info I want to share with you. If you have absolutely nothing started, but want to participate, you can! Everyone can offer feedback. If you'd like to start something so you have at least a sketch, Illustration Friday's topic this week is: Cocoon. Have fun with it!

      And as always, let me know if you have any questions.
      Diandra Mae
      Illustrator Coordinator