Re: Hi, I'm new.

  • DayByDayWriter
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 2010
      Wow, Bridgette, your scupltures are beautiful.

      Welcome to the group. The Houston SCBWI chapter has critique groups all over the extended Houston area that you can join. And there are plenty of events.

      We're a supportive group and include writers of picture books all the way up to young adult, as well as illustrators.

      Samantha Clark
      http://DayByDayWriter.wordpress.com
      http://www.discdish.com

      --- In scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com, CRYSTAL ALLEN <rcpjallen@...> wrote:

      > Welcome, Bridgette!
      >
      > And Oh Mylanta! I just saw your sculptors. What an awesome hand you have.
      > They are absolutely breathtaking!
      > So glad to have you with us and looking forward to meeting you on Monday.
      >
      > Crystal Allen
      >
      > On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 9:37 AM, Bridgette Mongeon <
      > bridgette@...> wrote:
      >

      > > I'm introducing myself.
      > >
      > > I'm new to the group and wanted to say hi!
      > > My name is Bridgette. I'm a writer, illustrator and sculptor.
      > >
      > > I'm looking forward to coming to the meeting and getting to know you
      > > all.
      > > How big is this group? What is the demographics? I'd love to learn
      > > about each of you.
      > >
      > > Bridgette
      > > www.creativesculpture.com
      > > www.godsword.net

    • creativesculpture2000
      Message 2 of 6 , May 2, 2010
        Thanks for the warm welcome and for the kind thoughts about my sculptures. I have a gift line as well, at http://www.godsword.net I hope to make it to the meeting on Monday and will look forward to meeting you all. If ever your looking for a place to host a social gathering I'd like to offer my studio/home. Of course if we do this it needs to be a casual gathering ( women dress in flats) because though my house is in the middle of the city it is an oasis, rock paths, ponds, waterfalls etc. Nightime is best then we can light the tiki torches and lights and watch the fairies dance! See you MOnday.

        PS is there any type of gathering after the meetng? Or a place that you can recommend to have/drink, etc after. I'm going to try and bring a friend and we wanted to get together, or tag along with ya'll if you do such a thing.

        Please tell me about yourselves. I know there are other newbies lurking here that would like to know as well.

        Bridgette