Latino Authors needed for two events in May

  • Ana Maria Rodriguez
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 30, 2010

      Dear colleagues:

      Harmony Science Academy (http://hsahouston.org/ ), a small Junior/Senior High Charter School is having a Cinco de Mayo celebration next week. They have asked me to see if any Latino authors might be interested in reading from their own works or works of others for the event. Bringing and selling your books will be one of the perks for participation.

      On May 7 there is another event at Harmony Science Academy, in which the school would like to have Latino authors to read from their works and encourage the students to read and write.

      Authors are invited to participate in both or either one of the events.

      If you or anyone you know is interested in participating in this event please  call:

      Marissa Gonzalez

      281-701-4667

      mgonzalez@...

      Ana Maria

      Ana Maria Rodriguez, PhD

      Author

      Visit my website

    • DayByDayWriter
      Message 2 of 6 , May 1, 2010
        Wow, Bridgette, your scupltures are beautiful.

        Welcome to the group. The Houston SCBWI chapter has critique groups all over the extended Houston area that you can join. And there are plenty of events.

        We're a supportive group and include writers of picture books all the way up to young adult, as well as illustrators.

        Samantha Clark
        http://DayByDayWriter.wordpress.com
        http://www.discdish.com

        --- In scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com, CRYSTAL ALLEN <rcpjallen@...> wrote:

        > Welcome, Bridgette!
        >
        > And Oh Mylanta! I just saw your sculptors. What an awesome hand you have.
        > They are absolutely breathtaking!
        > So glad to have you with us and looking forward to meeting you on Monday.
        >
        > Crystal Allen
        >
        > On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 9:37 AM, Bridgette Mongeon <
        > bridgette@...> wrote:
        >

        > > I'm introducing myself.
        > >
        > > I'm new to the group and wanted to say hi!
        > > My name is Bridgette. I'm a writer, illustrator and sculptor.
        > >
        > > I'm looking forward to coming to the meeting and getting to know you
        > > all.
        > > How big is this group? What is the demographics? I'd love to learn
        > > about each of you.
        > >
        > > Bridgette
        > > www.creativesculpture.com
        > > www.godsword.net

      • creativesculpture2000
        Message 3 of 6 , May 2, 2010
          Thanks for the warm welcome and for the kind thoughts about my sculptures. I have a gift line as well, at http://www.godsword.net I hope to make it to the meeting on Monday and will look forward to meeting you all. If ever your looking for a place to host a social gathering I'd like to offer my studio/home. Of course if we do this it needs to be a casual gathering ( women dress in flats) because though my house is in the middle of the city it is an oasis, rock paths, ponds, waterfalls etc. Nightime is best then we can light the tiki torches and lights and watch the fairies dance! See you MOnday.

          PS is there any type of gathering after the meetng? Or a place that you can recommend to have/drink, etc after. I'm going to try and bring a friend and we wanted to get together, or tag along with ya'll if you do such a thing.

          Please tell me about yourselves. I know there are other newbies lurking here that would like to know as well.

          Bridgette