Scholastic editor title

  • Marianne
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2010

      Hi, all,

      At the conference, Lisa Sandell suggested that I send my picture book to one of her colleagues at Scholastic who handles picture books. I wrote down his name, Ken Geist, but not which part of Scholastic he is with. Did any of you get a more complete title/address for him besides editor, Scholastic?  I feel rather stupid for not asking for more detail!

      Thanks!

      Marianne

      Golden Kite and AIP Science Writing Award winner;

      Former NASA flight controller;

      http://www.mdyson.com

    • Lynne Kelly Hoenig

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 2, 2010
          His last reported deal (a year ago) on PM had him with Orchard.

          Vonna

          --
          www.vonnacarter.com
        • Marianne
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 2, 2010

            Thanks, Lynne, and Vonna—I Googled him, but only found old references, which is why I asked. Oh well, I guess “Scholastic, Inc.” will get to him!

            A belated congratulations to Doris on winning the prize!

            Rita, that event sounds terrific. I’d love to attend, but I’ll be out of the country—I’m going to visit my son in Taiwan!

            I have some non-writing (but sure to generate stories) good news, too: we finally found an airplane (a Cessna 182) to replace the one that Hurricane Ike took from us (and that was featured in several of my short stories and appeared on the cover of Girls to the Rescue). We’re going to Indiana to pick it up in a few weeks. We will be outfitting it with new equipment and engine and putting it into service as a Coast Guard facility (my husband is a volunteer pilot). He’s also going to let me use it to help Girl Scouts get their aviation badges—I am doing another workshop with the 99’s at Hobby airport on May 22.

            Happy Easter everyone. Hope the bunny brings us all lots of delicious ideas!