Registration Open for Brazos Valley Picture Book Workshop June 25-27

  • Liz B Mertz
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2010
      Brazos Valley SCBWI Presents:
      Not-For-Beginners Picture Book Author and Illustrator Workshop
      June 25-27 – LaSalle Hotel, Bryan, TX
      Enrollment limited to 20 authors/10 illustrators - Registration closes May 1
      Cost--$100 for SCBWI members; $110 for non-members

      Faculty Kelly Bennett, www.kellybennett.com, and Terri Murphy, www.terrimurphyart.com, will guide attendees through an intensive exploration of picture books to uncover what makes them successful and how we can make our stories irresistible, too. Hands-on workshop sessions will focus on: Adding that "extra something" to our work; Honing words and pictures with an eye to publication; and Polishing and submitting art and stories.

      Participants should be familiar with picture book formats and have experience submitting their work for critique/publication. Attendees will be asked to submit one picture book manuscript and/or illustration samples prior to the workshop. Participants are expected to attend all workshop activities—including meals and evening sessions. This is a weekend for exploration and interaction!

      Liz Bennett Mertz
      Regional Advisor
      SCBWI Brazos Valley (TX)
      www.scbwi-brazosvalley.org