Thanks

  • Doris Fisher
    Message 1 of 20 , Feb 4, 2004
      Happy Wednesday!

      Thanks to all of the dedicated folks who worked, organized, and wore blue shirts
      at Academy 101.

      It was a great day and even those of us who aren't newbies heard and learned.
      What a wonderful group of speakers.

      THANK YOU SO MUCH!

      Also, I am finishing a rewriting for Highlights on spec. Maybe it will be the perfect fit and
      be accepted. I am dealing with Pam Zollman, of course.

      Today, I need to call the Federal Bureau of Engraving and Printing and a Federal Reserve Bank.
      Yikes! The article is on the life of paper dollars. Trying to get pictures from these two
      places. Naturally money making is rather secretive. ( I am a former bank teller )

      Write well,
      Doris

    • tiggertex@aol.com
      Message 2 of 20 , Feb 4, 2004
        Doris,

        Try msb.gov This is the web site for the patriot act, but they have free educational material (as does the us treasury) that has great photo that are free!

        Good luck on that re-write!

        bettina
      • Doris Fisher
        Message 3 of 20 , Feb 4, 2004
          Thanks Bettina.

          I did try earlier and need to search around it some more. I appreciate your help.
          I remembered the site from when you told me Saturday.

          Hope you feeling good today.
          Doris
          Try msb.gov This is the web site for the patriot act, but they have free educational material (as does the us treasury) that has great photo that are free!

          Good luck on that re-write!

          bettina

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • kathy@kathyduval.com
          Message 4 of 20 , Sep 7, 2005
            Thanks to all of you who sent congratulations and good wishes! xo Kathy

            Coming soon! The Three Bears' Christmas (Holiday House, Sept. 2005)

          • Rita Mills
            Message 5 of 20 , Sep 28, 2005
              I wanted to thank everyone from the SCBWI family who took the time to call,
              send cards, and emails with their condolences about my husband Robert's
              passing.........they were truly appreciated in these confusing and
              troublesome times we all seem to be sharing......Rita
            • ctbkaty@aol.com
              Message 6 of 20 , Mar 26, 2009
                Thanks everyone for your good wishes. I've wanted to write books about the
                middle ages for years. When we go to Europe I drag my husband around to castle
                ruins and medieval villages. In November we went to Weymouth, England, where
                the plague came ashore in 1348. How's that for a vacation destination?

                Carmen
                **************Feeling the pinch at the grocery store? Make meals for Under
                $10. (http://food.aol.com/frugal-feasts?ncid=emlcntusfood00000002)

              • Mary Ann & Bill Hellinghausen
                Message 7 of 20 , Nov 12, 2009
                  Thanks, everybody, for the warm congratulations. I'm looking forward to
                  catching up with everyone at the Feb. conference, since I haven't been able
                  to make the monthly meetings.

                  Happy Writing,

                  Mary Ann

                • Crystal
                  Message 8 of 20 , Feb 3, 2010
                    Thanks so much for the fast response to my website woes. 'preciate ya!

                    Crystal
                  • Rita Mills
                    Message 9 of 20 , Feb 7, 2012

                      Thanks Sherry and Janet for your input on the question about query letters and proposals…………will forward that on to the gentleman…………..Rita

                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                      Rita Mills

                      713-937-9184

                      www.BookConnectionOnline.com

                    • Varsha Bajaj
                      Message 10 of 20 , Aug 3, 2016
                        Dee thanks for the retweet. Marty, yes, this one sings:)
                        Tina, thanks, I will have to sign it next time we see each other.
                        Varsha

                        Sent from my iPhone
                      • Varsha Bajaj
                        Message 11 of 20 , Sep 20, 2016
                          Mary Ann,

                          Thanks for your support!
                          Would you like me to send you a signed bookplate via snailmail? Send me your address off list and I would be happy to do it.

                          I am doing a story time / signing at Brazos Bookstore on 10/15 at 10.30 am in case anyone is interested.

                          Varsha

                          Sent from my iPhone
                        • Millie Martin
                          Message 12 of 20 , Oct 26, 2016

                            To my tribe:

                            What a pleasant surprise and honor to have been given the Mary Wade Award at our conference this past Saturday. If you don’t know Mary, she has graciously volunteered her time and lended her support to the Houston SCBWI chapter since its beginning about 26 years ago.

                            As former ARA, I served with an amazing team. Diandra, who is full of energy and supports our illustrators, and Vicki, who leads our chapter with wisdom and vision. We spent many hours together at conferences and planning chapter events. I have been blessed by our friendship.

                            Being a part of SCBWI, and particularly our Houston chapter, has been rewarding. You are an amazingly supportive group. I have gained more than I have given.

                            Thanks so much,

                            "You can tell the deepest truths with the lies of fiction."

                             Isabel Allende

                            Millie Theis Martin, Ph.D.

                          • Dede Fox

                              Message 14 of 20 , Oct 26, 2016
                                Congratulations on your award, Millie. It was highly deserved.

                                Also, thanks to you and the others you mentioned for the wonderful things you've done for the chapter. You're all awesome.

                                Dee

                                Message 15 of 20 , Oct 27, 2016
                                  Congratulations, Millie! Thank you for all you've brought to the Houston chapter. A lovely award for a lovely lady.

                                  Sandra

                                  Children's Author
                                  SLEEPYHEADS
                                  sandrajhowatt.com

                                  Message 16 of 20 , Oct 27, 2016
                                    Yeah Millie!!!! congrats for being honored with the MaryD!!! So deserved!!!!

                                    Cheers,
                                    Kelly Bennett

[...]

                                  • Tina Wissner
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Oct 27, 2016
                                      Congratulations Millie! Sorry I missed out this year.
                                      Miss you.

                                      Sent from my iPhone

[...]

                                    • ctbkaty
                                      Message 18 of 20 , Oct 28, 2016

                                        Millie,

                                        You have done so much for SCBWI and certainly deserve the Mary D. Wade award. Congratulations.